Clubplanet Nightlife Community

RIP Arc and Centro Fly- The last 2 legends of NYC

besides Centro Fly being my favorite club, this weekend will be a tragedy for NYC...theres officially no clubs left that made NY the legendary place it was for nightlife...i just dont understand how this shit happens...in the past 3 years Twilo, Tunnel, SF, Centro Fly and Vinyl/Arc r gone....now while i wasnt a huge fan of some of them, they signified what NYC nightlife was all about...people from all over the world would come to NYC just to go clubbing...now what do we have, Crobar...cmon man that shit is a joke even with the DJs they pull in...their sets have sucked and the crowds a bunch of statues...Avalon is somewhat good although i havent been there since December...i just cant figure shit out...im not comparing by any means but if u go to the UK, this shit doesnt happen anywhere near as much as it does here...clubs like turnmills, the cross, fabric, gatecrasher, sankey soaps have been open for years and r trademarks of UK nightlife...ours either change their name, change management, renovate, etc etc...someone explain what the hell is going on cause ya got me

Hmmm, People not knowing the limit is one of the problems, owners wanting to make more money, bankruptcy, the city.

I think each club has its own story of why they close. it's sad, but it happens, and the city isn't too thrilled about having big clubs open till late because they look at it like they are all places to do drugs. so i think they try whatever to close them. :(

Im now living in the dominican republic where good music rarely makes its way, and im mad that i wont be able to be at either party, these are the 2 last staples of NYC night life.

With the ever lacking desire of youths to make a change and really do something and make a voice heard while voting we dont do shit and we lost alot... now with the RAVE act in place we have lost more places to just have a good time. Also clubs was a place to be free now they are places to be scene....

Still Rest in peace Centro-Fly, i was once lucky enough to know someone a night DJ Dan was there and was able to go up there and watch him spin and get an autographed record..

Rest in peace Arc, Last Labor day danny came down from the decks to dance with crowd and there he was before me dancing along, and then in came the fog light, ahh danny and after hours at arc....

memories...

my first one was PURPLE....it made me unzip my boots and scratch.

the only non addictive substance I believe....used on soldiers and by shrinks....troof serum it was called...made you (people wif issues) open up and spill the beans.....i never had a problem wif that to begin wif.

so, it's effect on me......leave em the f*ck A-lonE. funny, huh?

that was, only if you didn't already know me....right?