Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TONY DRAPER ...

B2B just to let you know VITO BRUNO was respondsible for the ZN & Mel C bookings. I have my own company I have clubs that hire me to structure their club nights musically. SO far everything I have bought to the Table for EXIThas been rebuffed by people saying that since it is a filler crowd on fridays that they would understand a TAUL PAUL or a MAURO PICOTTO. When I say industry it includes producers like that. GC is industry, SUBLIMINAL @ Centro is industry TWILO Friday is INDUSTRY. EXIT FRIDAY is B&T KTU crap. And if hard is what you want go yell at ADAM and those EXIT promoters I had Nigel Richards coming in and because TONYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY was bitching about the spot we gave him 1-3 (decent time) HE (I think more ADAM) SAID NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T DO THAT. NIGEL RICHARDS who owns 611 and 612 records in Philly is AMAZING the crowd eats him up. I think ADAM and the Tony supporters are scared to bring real DJs in there becasue then people will get mad that they have been subjected to his crap all this time cwm24.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if twilo boy is in reference to moi, then you better try going back and rereading the thread. i never said a damn thing about barry harris.

wait wait wait

why is he a maniac? you said that the problems w/ eddie were b/c of his manager, and that david offered danny the job at exit, so what exactly makes him a maniac?(i know, just curious what you say)

what does crowd have to do w/ anything? david just cares about the register...

if your not the music director of exit, why are you dealing w/ him at all?

your story's like a damn sieve

more holes then a slice of swiss cheese

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

I hope the other post cleared some of that up and PFLOYD the TWILO comment wasn't for you. cwm4.gif David is a maniac because he changes his mind every damn minute. I was like you want Danny he was LIKE YESSSSSSSSSS. Then I said ok this is what you have no do. And I told him and he was like ummm give me a day then he's like no I don't want gay in this room. I was like you are NUTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS. Because the day before he was asking me for numbers of specifically gay crowd promoters. It is soooooo wierd. cwm25.gif

------------------

back to the original topic of this post... Draper is from the Flushing/Whitestone area of Queens. i used to see him around all the time. in fact- i think his brother is coming with my group to cancun in the spring. tony's a greek... well at least im 95% positive... for all u other greeks... im sure you've seen him at byzantio. yea he started off low with metropolis but everyone starts somewhere. personally i dont love the way the guy spins. but to each his own. he draws a crowd. thats what counts as far as exit is concerned.

I grew up with Draper (he's a year older than me which would make him 30) and he IS a Greek from Flushing, Queens. (191 street and 39th ave to be exact) His father own a BEAUTIFUL 1974 Dodge Charger and as far as putting his dues in, the guy has been DJing since he was about 14 or 15. As far as his productions, I haven't heard the boy spin since 1990 or '91. Did this help? NO!!!

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Screw you guys, I'm going home......

All I know is I've got some stuff he's produced that I picked up when I was still living in Toronto. So he's been making music for a while anyway. The sound is way played out now though.

Who knows how he got where he is.

I say we storm the club and make you deejay.

you in?

------------------

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

Yo Frankie...I might not have agreed with you in the past BUT this is one thing I do agree with.....WTF is TD? I mean where did he spin b4 exit where is he from what has he done i mean please someone help us out with these questions...

AND ONE MORE QUESTION

WHY ISNT SHAWN INK SPINNING MAIN FLOOR?

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

Originally posted by spoonyd:

I say we storm the club and make you deejay.

you in?

HELL YEAH!!!

Now that's what i'm saying ...

You can be my partner in sound

Frankie Pep & Spoony D 6 hour tag team sets

EXIT wouldn't know what hit 'em ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

Originally posted by enyce2000:

AND ONE MORE QUESTION

WHY ISNT SHAWN INK SPINNING MAIN FLOOR?

R U Serious?

You don't want me to answer that cwm1.gif

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

i actually like draper b/c he plays a lot of hard tracks and isn't real commercial, at least later in the night. earlier managment must make him play some weak commercial joints like kiss to get the crowd going. i think he used to do raves but not sure, his sound definetly shows that could be a possiblity

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

eh frankie,

If you're bored on Saturday I got a little thing going on in the East Village. It's gonna be at the leopard lounge. Things are a little up in the air right now, but I'm gonna post a thread probably tomorrow with the final details.

It should turn into a monthly so once that starts we'll be bringing in guests once in a while (that means you).

------------------

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

Originally posted by frankie_pep:

-WHO THE HELL IS HE???

-WHERE DID HE COME FROM???

-WHY DOES HE HAVE MAINFLOOR

@ NYCs BIGGEST CLUB???

There was a Tony Draper involved in Hip Hop

productions & such back in the day, is he the same ...

inquiring minds want to know

Two summers ago he used to do Phenomenon out on Long Island, he was doin that for probbaly what was close to a year on Fridays nights. When Exit opened and started doin the 18+ fridays, the promoters from Phenomenon went to Exit, it only stands to reason that they got him the spot. Personally I think hes pretty fuckin good and a real chill guy.

------------------

The fame, it was like a drug......but what was more like a drug were the drugs.

Come on Now frankie.......

Oh I forgot your one of those Strong minded Twilo heads.....Forgive me.

Not that I have a problem wit Twilo People but they like what they like and thats it for them.....Me I like it all

I just have no idea where he came from and why he deserves Main floor.....what kinda dyck sucken did he do?

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

Originally posted by spoonyd:

eh frankie,

If you're bored on Saturday I got a little thing going on in the East Village. It's gonna be at the leopard lounge. Things are a little up in the air right now, but I'm gonna post a thread probably tomorrow with the final details.

It should turn into a monthly so once that starts we'll be bringing in guests once in a while (that means you).

I wish I could make it this Saturday but I'm leaving for Vegas real early Sunday morning(5:00a.m) But I'll definitely check it out next time ... & I'd love to do a guest spot, let me know the deal. GOOD LUCK!

------------------

Come on Now frankie.......

Oh I forgot your one of those Strong minded Twilo heads.....Forgive me.

Not that I have a problem wit Twilo People but they like what they like and thats it for them.....Me I like it all

I just have no idea where he came from and why he deserves Main floor.....what kinda dyck sucken did he do?

TWILO HEAD???

Where'd you get that from?

I think we should arrange a battle:

Shawn Ink vs. Frankie Pep

It's time I open some peoples minds

up & school 'em on what it's all about ...

WERD!

------------------

You should come and do it at my new party at Ice Bar. The first one is Nov 2nd. Interested?

TWILO HEAD???

WERD!

------------------

Dave H.

Toxic Productions

TWILO HEAD???

WERD!

Are you for real?

I will talk to him today as a matter of fact. If you can find a venue big enough for your ego...LOL J/K

Where you wanna hold it at?

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

If you can find a venue big enough for your ego...LOL J/K

Haha! funny cwm4.gif , I like your sense of humor

Excuse me for being cocky but that's just

the way I am ... cwm22.gif

Toxic said we could maybe throw down

@ the Ice Bar ...

------------------

OK first off Tony Draper SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS You can not get more commercial than this kid. PRODUCER?? of what hun that MAINFLOOR is crap and it's not even on a label he is a bi-state mess not even TRI-STATE. The Guy used to spin @ METROPOLIS the only dick he is sucking is ADAM S. Who should be on his way to jail soon anyway. Lil Drug addict. Anyhow the guy was getting like 300 a ngiht to spin from 1 am on and then the promoters felt bad so they doubled. Guess the felt he might buy new Vinyl with it. Anyhow if you people want to get better DJ's there on Fridays you need to speak up. Hmmm maybe I can do somehing about it. I will kieep you posted. I have an Idea that just might work!! cwm13.gif

------------------

what does him spinning at Metropolis have to do w/ anything??? everybody has to start somewhere, russ on this board will tell you that. he spun at phenomenon/elevate/level for a while and even if the music was good when he was spinning, everything else about the place was terrible.

and who are you that your gonna do something about it? he's go that floor locked down. probably the longest running residency that any dj has had since they opened and YOU are not gonna do anything about that i guarantee

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

tony draper used to spin at factory fridays when the new friday party started with luv and lodi.. then he left becuz i assume luv and lodi didnt want him upstaging them(they suck) and would stick him with shitty slots

same reason mendez probly left..

so draper goes to exit fridays, and he ROCKS that crowd week in and week out he packs the place.. he plays his share of cheese, but u gotta do that in the big rooms.. EVERYBODY does it.. junior, jp, vicious.. hey, some cheesy songs are phat, so they get played, ppl like them. draper also plays alot of hard beats which NOBODY can identify becuz theyre unheard of underground tracks, so dont say hes all commercial.. he has his own flavor, and u should just continue not going to exit fridays cotton candy..

the energy he creates on that floor is unlike any ive seen recently.. and who was the genius that said replace him with shawn ink?? lol.. what do u want exit to go out of business?? shawn ink is one of the worst dj's out there.. he tries to be jp, but does a bad bad job.. his records(CDs) r terrible.. that is commercial music right there, not draper! wouldnt mind seeing russ reign on the main along with draper, think that would be really cool

dont get me wrong, id much rather a rotating group of out of town club and rave djs.. but since exit doesnt seem to like to rotate anything of that nature, and they r more into ny-influenced beats, drapers a good choice, for a young, energetic, up for it crowd... PeaCe

Archived