Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who started calling all EDM, techno, and why?

erickamikaze

i thought i was the only person who pondered this!!!!!!!!!!!! i was trying to explain this to a dumb blockhead guido friend of mines that i know!!!!!!!!!!!!

and u know those guidos they never think they r wrong....so this dumbass who thinks 93.1 plays good "techno" gets mad when i try to explain to him the difference, and trys telling me im wrong...needless to say i put him in his place and made him look foolish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

nobody listens to techno

but seriously... maybe its because when electronic music first started being noticed by the mainstream, it was around the time that (detroit) techno was very popular, and it was refered to as techno, so then anyone who heard anything that didn't have a real drummer, called it techno.

but who knows, im guessing

Reason # 135

Gerald Simpson (a.k.a. A Guy Called Gerald) Left 808 State (the group in Europe) for a solo career in the United States(the country) and was quoted as saying "Technology created this music"....

which was years before it was ever thought of as EDM.

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

hehe I always ponder this. I always think of people as ignorant when they call it "techno" and trust me I know when someone refers to all of electronic music as techno..but I shouldn't think of them as ignorant. right? Anyways, I take some classes at Wolfson Campus and on Monday(first day of Summer Semester) my statistics teacher tells us to introduce ourselves, and tell the class what we like and all that shit. Of course, I had to bust out with the "My name is Carlos, I was born in Nicaragua, and I absolutely love Electronic Music baby!!!! Oh, you guys probably call it techno sorry." "Well let me tell ya you're wrong......" And I was just about to take half the class trying to describe to them what it's all about but my idiot teacher interrupted me. FAk!!! Ohh! Sorry it reminded me of Monday. :)

Because people are stupid.

i hate to say it

but it is partly the media

and some moronic pundit out there

who did lots of PR and bla bla bla

and somehow.............it worked

people seriously underestimate the power of media and PR

look at Von Dutch

wtf

when did the trucker hat become a $50 purchase?