Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sandra collins last night

nervelounge

ok.... first off, I am sure you guys will rage me for doing a review of my own show but I just don't care. My thouhgts are simple : WOW! Sandra is a first class woman and a first class dj. People may slag her or call her a trance dj but she is so the oposite. She played a mixture of deep progressive breaks, deep progressive tracks and some uplifting progressive vocal tracks. She had nerve jumping til the end with the crowd chanting for "one more" at 5am. Overall it was one of the best vibes I've seen in a long time and I personally can't wait to have her again. Last night was the first time I had the pleasure of listening to Sandra collins and boy was I surprised. No wonder she was named dancestar dj of the year. Definitely one of the best nights of pure music that I've heard this year - mad props to amalia for a wicked opening set - Thanks ladies! last night was absolutely amazing....:D - see u all tonight for HALO

thanks again

Jon Cowan and the nerve family:)

Originally posted by nervelounge

- see u all tonight for HALO

:werd:

No bathroom breaks homie! :( Sorry! I was doin the "do" over at THE Opium! See you tonight!

We have 200+ coming at 10pm for those 2 parties... what a way to start the night!!!! Woooo-hooooo!

Originally posted by nervelounge

Sandra is a first class woman and a first class dj.

didn't i tell ya'?

she's very nice....and not your typical "trance" dj... if i hadn't had prior engagements in Orlando, i would've been there to show my support...

Originally posted by djkable

didn't i tell ya'?

she's very nice....and not your typical "trance" dj... if i hadn't had prior engagements in Orlando, i would've been there to show my support...

trance??? she played no trance at all - maybe it was to suit the room but it was a mix of nice progressive stuff, techy house stuff, some vocals and wicked breaks....!

Originally posted by philippio

Ahhh, the good ole days listening to Fortier in the Groove's dj booth at Universal Citywalk...

Maybe I'll swing by and reminisce!!! :D

hope so - email me and I will sort you a list... it was fun hanging on sat although i thought halo would be a bit tougher... speak soon

Ahhh, the good ole days listening to Fortier in the Groove's dj booth at Universal Citywalk...

Maybe I'll swing by and reminisce!!! :D

ha ha...The Groove.... the "good ole' days" were WAY before the Groove, my friend... :D

it'll be good to see ya again...

Originally posted by djkable

ha ha...The Groove.... the "good ole' days" were WAY before the Groove, my friend... :D

it'll be good to see ya again...

Gavin, the first time I caught Fortier was at Groove so that's why I said the good ole days. That was also the first place that I saw Sasha & Diggers (outside Miami's WMC).

Gavin, the first time I caught Fortier was at Groove so that's why I said the good ole days. That was also the first place that I saw Sasha & Diggers (outside Miami's WMC).

ahh...i see...

i was thinking of many mindless nights at the Edge (Orlando), The Abyss, and Firestone in the early to mid-90s... some will argue that AAHZ was the hay-day of Otown....

same with S&D... i think my first time was in Firestone... after Keoki's cracked-out-ass passed out on the tables....

oh man, Orlando will never resemble that era again....

I've been up there somewhat recently and Orlando's house scene seems to be intact. The last H_Foundation show at the Vault was really good and I also caught Atnarko and Q_Burns Abstrakt Message with Lisa Shaw at The Social which was just an amazing night of soulful house music!!!