Clubplanet Nightlife Community

disney's california adventure's "tower of terror"

weyes

the other day i got to go to a preview of california adventure's new ride, "tower of terror." it opens to the general public on may 4th or 5th (i can't remember which).

the ride was very cool :aright: . i rode it six times, figuring i'd probably never be able to do that again! pretty much the idea of the ride is this: we, the riders, enter the twilight zone - with rod serling and everything - and are sent to the hollywood tower hotel back in the 1930s, where things got a little sketchy... we enter an elevator in the hotel that has issues.

what that translates to in reality is that we get into a car and sit down in rows; the car looks almost exactly like the one in disneyland's "star tours." the car goes up and down in an elevator shaft in spurts, leaving its passengers weightless a few times. the doors also open at the top of the building and reveal a great view of the park. overall i think it's fun, the only problem being that it's way too short.