Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"US Radio Sstation Fined for Castro Prank Call"

sotuchick

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Why did they wait so long to fine them???

not even that...were they fined when they did the same to Chavez? if my memory serves me correct..they were not...punish them for both or dont punish them at all...btw...i hear that they (the radio station) is collecting pennies to pay for the fine....paying a 4,000 dollar fine in pennies....i love it....i donated a dollar in pennies....

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

not even that...were they fined when they did the same to Chavez? if my memory serves me correct..they were not...punish them for both or dont punish them at all...btw...i hear that they (the radio station) is collecting pennies to pay for the fine....paying a 4,000 dollar fine in pennies....i love it....i donated a dollar in pennies....

FCC blows!!!!!

About the pennies thing, I have a few hundred pennies laying around' I'll be glad to donate for the cause! :D

Originally posted by sotuchick

"US Radio Sstation Fined for Castro Prank Call"

A Spanish-language radio station in Miami that crank called Cuban leader Fidel Castro (almost a year ago) has been fined $US4,000 by the United States broadcasting regulator.

The station, El Zol 95.7, duped Mr Castro into believing that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez was calling to seek help in tracking down a suitcase containing secret documents he said he lost during a trip to Argentina.

Eventually a man posing as a Chavez aide asked Castro: "Do you agree with the shit on the island, murderer?" and added.

"You fell for it ... the whole of Miami is listening to you, Fidel Castro."

"What did I fall for, you shit?" the irate Cuban leader answered, adding further expletives, including references to the anatomy of the radio host's mother.

Mr Castro hung up, ending the 25 minute conversation.

The recording of the conversation June 17, 2003 was repeatedly aired.

The station played a similar prank on Mr Chavez in January 2003, pretending Mr Castro was on the line.

The United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on Friday recommended that the station be fined $US4,000 for broadcasting a telephone conversation without notifying the other party.

The station has 30 days to challenge or pay the fine.

thats bullshit. its been a year and just now they get fined. :mad: you have to admit, that prank was funny as hell though. :laugh: :laugh: