Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Red Sox:

stymie

Originally posted by l155a

at least you sound like a civil NYY fan.....which is hard to come by. codica from the sports forum is another one, i will admit she is a cool chick despite the fact that she is a Yankees fan but she is very civil with the Bos/NYY rivalry crap.

and once again, i think most boston fans didn't want a-rod anyways. he wouldn't have added much and he doesn't fit in with how our team plays. i am happy with who we have :)

good luck to both teams this year, hope to see you in the playoffs when you win the wild card ;)

I am definately civil and even more realistic when it comes to the truth. Dont get me wrong I hate the Red Sox as much as I hate the Devils but I have respect for good teams. The Red Sox have a great team this year, solid rotation and a deep bullpen. That has been the missing link for them. If Pedro stays healthy, they'll be tough. No doubt. I love the rivalry! I have a lot of friends in Boston, so we dish it out back and forth on a regular basis.

Dont think for a second that Boston fans didnt want Alex. Its easy to say that now because the Sox didnt get him. I was praying that trade didnt go through because then Nomar would have been traded for Maglio who has always been a Yankee killer.

This season is going to be a big one, Yanks Sox is big for the game itself. And dont think for a second that the winner of the World Series is going to come out of the American League this year. The Cubs staff is one of the best in the game and if the Astros play the way they should, I wouldnt want to face Oswalt Clemens Pettitte and Miller in a seven game series.

98908fenwayseat.jpg

Here is a photo taken at Fenway Park last October. :tongue:

Originally posted by njdionysus

Dont think for a second that Boston fans didnt want Alex. Its easy to say that now because the Sox didnt get him. I was praying that trade didnt go through because then Nomar would have been traded for Maglio who has always been a Yankee killer.

actually you did say something very true here. the fans that knew anything about the players that were involved in the trade wanted magglio more than a-rod and the only way we were getting magglio was to get a-rod. but if it was just a straight up a-rod/manny trade we wanted manny. and most boston fans will agree that they hate the yankees more than satan himself as well. in fact we believe the yankees are owned by the spawn of satan :tongue: it's a known fact that more baseball fans hate the yankees more than any other team in the MLB, not just the sox fans such as mets fans!

i agree about the cubs and the marlins are doing well once again. there's also baltimore, minnesota, TEXAS!(guess they don't miss gayrod), chisox, oakland etc. it's anyone's game.

and let us not forget:

g_marlins_ft.jpg

owned.bmp

marlins.bmp

and satan himself:

george.bmp

Originally posted by l155a

and satan himself:

george.bmp

Do you think it bothers me that most people hate the Yankees? Absolutely not. I have been a fan since I got my first glove when I was 5 and I'm not about to change teams now. I suffered through more than enough losing seasons with Winfield Mattingly and company.

Your photos are funny, the thing is they really dont strike a nerve at all. Again as long as we make it further than the Red Sox this season, as far as I'm concerned the season would be a success. I love to hate Boston fans, all in good fun. You seem somewhat realistic, thats good but dont think for a minute that Boston fans wouldnt have taken Alex with open arms. Do I have to dig up the posts about Alex coming to Boston?

i am not saying we wouldn't have taken him but we have one of the best hitters in baseball which we would have lost, we aren't crying over it too hard(except the part about not getting magglio). and yes i posted about a-rod coming to boston and at the time it seemed like a good idea because of other players we would have gotten as well. i have always liked him and he *WAS* one of my favorite players since i saw him play his first MLB game at Fenway park and yes i would have liked him on the team but the only way i wanted him was if we kept nomar and had a-rod move to third like he did for you guys. but i knew he wouldn't have changed our offense, defense maybe but offense no. i love manny but he has done/said some wacky things(like saying he wanted to play for the yankees) so my loyalty to him staying wasn't that strong. but we have him and we will still love him no matter what stupid shit he pulls as long as he keeps that BA up and produces on offense. we all had mixed emotions about a-rod because of the players we would have lost and how boston loves those players, especially nomar who is a homegrown boston player.

i totally agree with you, you have every right to be a yankees fan, no one said otherwise. but they ARE the team to hate in baseball. if the red sox were the team to hate i would just tell everyone too bad it's my team. i have been a sox fan since i can remember which is about 4-5 yrs old as well. i don't care if they always lose or always come in 2nd to the yankees or always break our hearts in the worst way, i have always been and always will be a die hard sox fan and all that stuff comes along with being a sox fan. the sox are a tradition just as the yankees are a tradition and the rivalry is a tradition, just be thankful you were brought up to be a fan of a team that's part of one of the most historic rivalries in all of sports, i know i am thankful for that.....it makes the game so much more fun year after year :)

and hey, you posted pics first it's only fair to dish it back ;)

Originally posted by njdionysus

Hey wait a second, the Red Sox just got swept by the upstart Texas Rangers this past weekend. Awww shit!

yes, i know this. don't remind me :mad: :mad: they all had signs saying 'alex who?'. i said to a friend how can a team that's been in last place for the past few years with one of the games best players trade him and now be doing so well without making any major changes(besides acquiring soriano)? he said easy.....they got rid of their cancer! :laugh: