Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Please Read: Relay For Life

ShortyStar

Hello Fellow CPers!!!

This Saturday, May 1-2 I will be participating in the Relay for Life. The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is an overnight team event that raises awareness of cancer in the community and raises funds to fight cancer. Throughout Relay For Life, teams of friends, families and co-workers commit to keeping at least one member walking the track because cancer never sleeps.

I am participating in this event because a co-worker of mine just passed away early this month. Her name is Bunny and she was the sweetest woman that I have ever met! I am also participating because one of my close friends from Milwaukee passed away unexpectedly at the young age of 28, last year around this time. Her name is Heidi and I loved her and miss her dearly.

I will be walking approximately 4-6 hours around a track at the South Pasadena High School Saturday from 12am – 6am. We are only asked to do one hour but since this has taken two special people in my life, I decided to walk longer. There will be a donation box at the vendor booth this Friday at RED if you feel compelled to donate or you can PM me for my mailing addres. Anything will help including thoughts and prayers! If you have any questions, please PM me!

www.cancer.org

Thank you and :hugz:

very cool, shorty! i wonder why i've never heard of this before :confused: .

3 out of 4 of my grandparents had cancer, and my only aunt, who had breast cancer, just told us that her doc found a new lump in her breast this month. no word yet on its status, but supposedly it's just calcification.

the ovarian cyst i had removed the summer before this past turned out to be borderline cancerous, as well; that means that it had high cancerous potential, and left behind cells that do, too. i have to get sonograms twice a year for the rest of my life.

it's amazing how little we know about cancer and amazing how devastating it is --- in that it affects all kinds of people, in all parts of the body. one would think we'd know more than we do by now :( .

and i'm sorry to hear about your friends, shorty :( . if you don't mind my asking, what kind of cancers did they have?

Heidi had leukemia and Bunny had breast!

This is the 2nd relay for life that I have done . The first was when i was in high school and my school sponsored the walk. It was a joyous and sad time!

It's true about how little we know about cancer and other diseases out there. That's why fundraisers like this are always something I do.. !!!

sigh...so sorry to hear about your friends. A friend of mine is also batteling lukemia right now. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, and as will my money if you can pm me your mailing address. Be sure to include who I make the check out to...

And did I read correctly? 12-6am??? Is this a rave relay? hehe...