Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nyc smurf spots...

dgmodel

actually......long beach is veryyy verrrrrrry famous for its surfing. legend has it that famous hawaiian surfer duke something surfed there..theyre actually naming a street near the boardwalk after him..

i was there @ my friends place last summer...and it wasnt really that hot out and there were maaaaaaaaaad surfers out.

Originally posted by naughtybabe

Good luck catching any good waves here..

obviously, ive ridden here before... just at rockaway by b90's... its sucks over there... its like 4ft swells... blah in any event, theres places out in tobay or lb like lincoln but those places are so congested so looking for places that have few ppl and is close to me...

I lived in long beach for 4 years, and compared to lots of other places in and around the city/island, it's one of the best.

The waves may not be HUGE like California or Hawaii, but they form reeeal nicely, and during a storm, they can reach up to 10 ft. sweels :eek:

I say we def. get going on a long beach meetup, with volleyball, drinking and surfing !!!

I used to surf Ditch Plains all the time. It was never crowded but thats because its on the end of the island. I really don't know of any places other then what was mentioned that are close to the city.

Since I have moved away from NY, I am lucky enough to surf the Outer Banks, NC whenever I feel its only 30mins away.

business, I live in va beach actually. i do computer work as a contractor for the govt.

The nightlife sucks but being able to go to the outer banks to surf whenever i feel is great. plus we have inexpensive really nice golf courses too. And now that I am older and out of the clubbing all the time stage it doesnt bother me. I come up to the city a few times a year though.

The funniest part is taking my friends up to a club in the city and they are always like holy shit. they cant believe there are clubs like we have in nyc. Crobar had them just totally in awe.