FRIDAY, May 7th 2004: Two UK Breaks Masters Takeover Cubik

150_adam_freeland.jpg150_rennie_pilgrem.jpg

ADAM FREELAND [Marine Parade Records, UK]

RENNIE PILGREM [www.tcr.uk.com | UK]

THE FUZZ: ADEGEN vs. SWITCHSTANCE [OObliss.com | DC][breaks]

JOHN TAB [www.buzzlife.com | ALIAS | The Spunk Boys | DC] [drum n' bass]

DEINFAMOUS [ Drum Theory | The Syndicate | DCdnb.org | DC ] [drum n' bass]

SPIGGY [ Sovereign State | DC ] [nü wave 80's | electro | retrotechno]

FRIDAY, May 14th, 2004:GRAND OPENING OF THE PATIO!

Cubik summer starts tonight with the grand opening of the patio. Kicking off the night with Psytrance under the stars, and ending with a bit of Bit 'o Honey. Catch Scott Henry's all-night Bit 'o Honey sets the first Friday of every month starting in June.

1082488909artist_451.jpg150_dj_icey.jpg

INFECTED MUSHROOM - Live!

[www.infected.co.il | BNE Records | Israel]

A special night of Psytrance at Cubik. This Israeli duo go a few steps beyond the standard and produce not only classical pieces but also a harsh, funky, and acidic flavor, making their trance journey and aural blast far surpassing the norm. Their world travels rarely pass through America, so be sure not to miss this rare opportunity to experience Infected Mushroom perform live.

DJ ICEY [system, Zone, Essential, FL]

"For The Love of the Beat" CD release Tour

SCOTT HENRY [www.buzzlife.com | DC]

CYZUM [www.konvocation.com | MD]

2501 [www.alchemy-dc.com | DC]

ELEKTRONKIND [www.elektronkind.com | Digital Yeti Studios | MD]

DJ_Illeffect [syndromeindustries.com | EXBC Radio | Destroyer.net | DC] [drum n' bass]

Moody Moore [moodymoore.com | the midnightsons | goldenvinylawards.com | DC ] [breaks/drum n' bass]

JTFLASSH aka JOHN TAB [http://www.buzzlife.com | ALIAS | DC ] [nü wave 80's | electro | EBM | acid house]

Psychedelic club decor by:

Phoenix Designs, Neil Gibson and Konvocation

ADVANCE TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW:

Ticketmaster:HERE

DJ HUT : 2010 P St. NW DC :: 202.659.2010

Nation Box Office: 1015 Half St, SE DC :: 202.554.1500 (Tickets are available at the ticket window during Cubik events.)

$20 in advance.

$25 at the door.

FRIDAY, May 21th 2004: LIVE EDM at Cubik

MICRO [Caffeine | NY]

DJ LANTERN [DilouRecords | I'll Make that Sh*t Break! | DC ] [breaks]

BIOTEKNIK vs. WICKITY [broken Soul, Destroyer, DC] [siempre Foundation | Destroyer | DC/B'More] [breaks]

FRONT ROOM SPECIAL EVENT

Warm People Live-Tronic Showcase [www.warmsound.com]

Featuring live electronic acts:

MFA [www.mfacentral.com | CO]

While MFA is noticeably fascinated with technology in music, their audience is far more fascinated with the rich pads and interesting samples, combined with virtuoso guitar playing, smooth rhythmic syncopation, driving bass lines, rolling drum beats, and inspired vocals. Just like when DJ's spin it, it's live, and is put together on the spot to match the moment and motivate the body, mind and soul to together, until all the walls come down.

Check out their awesome website for audio samples :

www.mfacentral.com

ASTRALYTE [www.astralyte.com | MD]

Astralyte is the result of clandestine musical and artistic gatherings that grew into freeform sonic experimentations. Focused on electro grooves and dynamic musical interplay, the group builds adventurous sets that explore the rhythmic, harmonic and sonic possibilities of live electronic dance music. Astralyte is built on a multi-layered palate of organic and digital elements that embrace the future of modern music.

along with DJs

Chris Mocella

Justin Peake

Samson Stout

The Preacher

Outside on our multi-level patio:

JOHN JOHNSON [groovedistrict | DC]

DJ JULIUS [groovedistrict, umblu | DC]

FRIDAY, May 28th 2004: FOAM PARTY and A Buzzlife Favorite Returns!

Born in Ibiza, brought to the East Coast by Buzzlife, come frolic in the foam on our huge, multi-level outdoor patio.

DJ DAN [Kinetic Records, SF]

"DJ Dan's Mixed Live" in stores now

DJ CORTEX [dcksillz.com | Dilou records | DC ] [house/prog]

JOHN TAB [www.buzzlife.com | ALIAS | The Spunk Boys | DC ] [drum n'bass]

SPIGGY [sovereign State | DC ] [nü wave 80's | electro | retrotechno]

DJ PICK [RBC | DC ] [drum n' bass]

DANCE PERFORMANCE BY THE CUBIK DANCE CREW:D.W.A.

COMING THIS SUMMER:

05.22: BUZZTENT AT THE HFSTIVAL

06.04: Planet of the Drums: DIESELBOY | DARA | AK1200 | MC MESSINIAN

06.11: RICHIE HAWTIN | MAGDA

07.23: MISS KITTIN

ADMISSION:

$10 for Buzz members until 12 midnight

$15 General admission before 11 p.m.

$20 General admission after 11 p.m.

For information on how to become a Buzz member at no charge, visit:

http://buzzlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21122

All events are 18 & over w/ proper, gov't-issued, photo ID

Regular hours: 9 p.m. - 4 a.m. | OPEN BAR from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.

CüBIK is every Friday at NATION

1015 Half St. SE, WDC

WWW.BUZZLIFE.COM

Micro is ridiculous live. Does anyone know how to get on the guestlist for the Buzzlife parties on Friday nights? Also looking for some people to go clubbing with. I am origionally from NJ about 30 minutes outside NYC and Philly and I used to go out all the time. Now since I moved down here I have been going out by myself because not too many people are into this kind of music. I love to party so if you do to then hit me up.

Micro is ridiculous live. Does anyone know how to get on the guestlist for the Buzzlife parties on Friday nights? Also looking for some people to go clubbing with. I am origionally from NJ about 30 minutes outside NYC and Philly and I used to go out all the time. Now since I moved down here I have been going out by myself because not too many people are into this kind of music. I love to party so if you do to then hit me up.

go to www.buzzlife.com If you post 10 times in a week you get on the members list which is $10 before midnight, were did you move too?

I just moved to Silver Spring. It is cool out there but no one I know in the are is into electronic music. I actually just met Marques Wyatt (OM RECORDS) this weekend, but have been into the music for almost 10 years now. What's the scoop on this area? I know of CLUB FIVE, & NATION, but are there any other good parties? Holla back.

"Is it 4:20 yet?"

I just moved to Silver Spring. It is cool out there but no one I know in the are is into electronic music. I actually just met Marques Wyatt (OM RECORDS) this weekend, but have been into the music for almost 10 years now. What's the scoop on this area? I know of CLUB FIVE, & NATION, but are there any other good parties? Holla back.

"Is it 4:20 yet?"

what part of Silver Spring? i live in SS.

I can guarantee that the decor is going to be off the hook - seriously, what's more fun than blacklights and trippy decor?

I hear that Mary Anarchy is going to have a booth with UV reactant paint open to the public too :party:

I can guarantee that the decor is going to be off the hook - seriously, what's more fun than blacklights and trippy decor?

I hear that Mary Anarchy is going to have a booth with UV reactant paint open to the public too :party:

THE Mary Anarchy?!:love:

Mmmmm, paint... :bounce:

LASERS!!!!!!! are there going to be lasers!?!?!?!?!