Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lets get real here people..... Who is the WORST Dj in NYC?

worst dj in NYC?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. worst dj in NYC?

• JP
    • JP
    • JP
    • JP
    • JP
    • JP

bwahhahahahahahah

Ok, go ahead, name 5 songs JP spun at Black. (if you can)

Now, go into any record store outside of New Jersey and ask to buy them.

Then get laughed out of the fucking store.

Seriously, List 5 songs he spun, and then watch people laugh.

His music is the "Kidz Bop" of the fucking EDM scene.

ok so u like a diffrent kind of stlye of music, and better quality in song selection, but he can't be that bad of a DJ, or he wouldn't have such a huge following,i don't think all the ppl that go gaga over johnathan peters is clueless to music,or at least house music

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a name I haven't heard in a few years. Whatever happened to him? I remember some halfway decent sets of his at the Tunnel around early '99 or so, but I don't remember him being an exceptional dj. Then again, I never really gave him the chance.

rudy,

let me ask u, u know a SHIT load about house music, u know your shit, what do u think of johnathan peters as a dj.....?????

every thread on every board sucks, Everyone Qyestions everyone, and its WEirdo LAnd, lol

its entertaining,

lol

dont take it so seriuosly.

STEVEN ZORR WINS HANDS DOWN THO!!

hahaha

St STA STA STEVEN Z Z ZAZ ZOOOOOOOOOOOOR

hahaha

bwahhahahahahahah

first who buys records in NJ? don't know to many DJ's that do! second if his music is so bad why do many Dj's rock his Luz tracks or GTI or Corrupt or My Love is Your Love and how come so many others can't wait for All this time to get released like they did with "I'm here"... nuff said!

I love these elitist manhattanites that use the term "bridge and tunnel".......90% of these fools are from somewhere like Ohio and moved out to NY for school, work, or for whatever other reason.............

BLOW ME!!!!! :hoparound

HAHAHAHAHAH Funny you mention this, my friend and I always crack on the NYU kids that claim they live in New York but are really from Pennsylvania living off the parents money in the fucking shit dorm rooms. They even think they have the rite to give off some sort of pompous im above you attitude by going hahaha im from New York and your not, what bitches these people make me laugh. This goes out to the herby NYU kids that think they are the shit

:gang::aaah:

first who buys records in NJ? don't know to many DJ's that do! second if his music is so bad why do many Dj's rock his Luz tracks or GTI or Corrupt or My Love is Your Love and how come so many others can't wait for All this time to get released like they did with "I'm here"... nuff said!

i couldnt have said it any more better myself

#1 - I bow down to your superior intellect being that you are from "Dirty Jers"

#2 - JP Fucking sucks KID, his music is for people that dont know shit

#3 - No I was not in SF every week. I went there twice for JP spinning and all the Guido's with their shirts off made XL or SBNY feel like fucking ESPN Zone in comparison.

#4 - JP sucks, SF sucked after it left chelsea, and I am torn between loving the fact that the drug den is now closed and hating the fact that all you bridge and tunnel folks are flooding all the other clubs in the city

i guess u knwo nothing about house music and u cna't say jp sucks after hearing him twice. Let me start by saying i am a jp fan and in a nutshell

1. Jp mixing his songs very smoothly

2. Jp knows how to build his songs up to an extent most dj's dont do

3. Jp is always messing around with his tracks

4.. Jp uses techiques lots of other djs dont use

5. Jp productions are very well produced

6.. Jp draws large crowds(drugs or not he draws them)

7. Jp creates lots of different moods in his sets (thats a journey)

there are alot more but i will end there. Now saying jp sucks with reasons that u stated are just not enough. U obvisouly aren't that deep in house and just didn't like what u say and heard when u went to sf and that is just not good enough to say jp sucked and sf sucked.

bwahhahahahahahah

alot of stuff jp plays is on other big name dj's list around the world and tops the charts. also if u go to record stores that label their best selling records u would find them in jp's sets. I also dont go out much anymore only once in a blue moon so that means i dont hear jp playing and i go to the record store all the time and most of the stuff i buy jp is playing when i hear him so are lots of other dj's

for someone who has only gone to factory twice to hear him talks alot of shit for something they know nothing about concerning johnny and his music how about when u get more experience with him then maybe you can open your mouth and say something thats even remotely educated

There's a name I haven't heard in a few years. Whatever happened to him? I remember some halfway decent sets of his at the Tunnel around early '99 or so, but I don't remember him being an exceptional dj. Then again, I never really gave him the chance.

He Blew..... last time i heard him was at they grand opening of Tunnel when Vicious was Resident in mid 2000

i second that

What are u agreeing with espa??haha and are we including every DJ in this poll or are we just including the dj's in NYC that are good enough to have their own club? because there arent many of those...Seems like JP might lose this one, but then i think for a second, what LoSeR! would make up a poll putting only one choice to choose from? Is there no one else that can step up to the plate?? And one more thing are u even legal to get into a club?

hes legendary,

BUT has the worse crowd....

JP, i dont consider a NY DJ, lol since noone really from NY ever went to SF after it left 27th st, lol

and if they did....there either crack heads, or have bad taste, LOL

^ I went to DT's parties for the music. I know cliche but it is true. The crowd was ok. I like a colorfull crowd some times you got that with DT. Some times the crowd was not balanced with to much of this or to much of that. But that was the fun thing about Be Yourself you never knew what you would get.

^ I went to DT's parties for the music. I know cliche but it is true. The crowd was ok. I like a colorfull crowd some times you got that with DT. Some times the crowd was not balanced with to much of this or to much of that. But that was the fun thing about Be Yourself you never knew what you would get.

actually i loved Dt's crowd it was all mixed and all great people!

Can everyone stop hating on JP please!!!!! Whoever made up this topic is a hater and an asshole...grow up please!!!! JP #1 dj 4-eva.....as for the worst dj i would have to say...tony draper...sorry!!!! anyone going to black to see JP this sat??????? I will def. be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

rudy,

let me ask u, u know a SHIT load about house music, u know your shit, what do u think of johnathan peters as a dj.....?????

Hey Erin. What have you been busying yourself with?!? Hit me up!

This reply is way after the fact, but here goes:

JP has turned me out on a few occasions, but moreso back in 97 / 98 when his track selection was more progressive. Even then, however, I never really considered him to be an exceptional dj. Personally, I enjoyed Eddie B at SF alot more than I ever did JP, and that's probably because I feel that Eddie is a more well-rounded, diverse dj. Considering the years that JP has been spinning in New York, the basic elements of his dj'ing (i.e., beat matching, mixing, programming) should (and could) be so much better, especially since he's able to afford more helpful tools than many other djs can afford. With respect to what he currently plays, I can't say much, since I haven't been to Black (nor do I plan to go). However, during the last year or so before the closing of SF, he took a turn away from his late morning progressive tech-house sets, and got more into deeper, tribal, bottom-heavy, slower, less-progressive, K-hole beats. Some of the beats he dropped were actually pretty nasty, especially towards the later morning hours, but I never felt as if he was able to build a vibe with his sets. There were some mornings when SF would be half-packed, and his mixing was literally shot to shit. I often thought that someone was just filling in, playing tracks one right after the other. Why did I go back? Probably because of the atmosphere in SF. I've never done K or G, nor have I ever done any serious drugs while in SF. However, I've always liked the fact that SF felt a little dark and dirty, and that's where I liked to spend my Sunday mornings & afternoons sometimes. Before shit got pretty tight in there, we'd just chill out, listen to music, and smoke some joints; SF was a phat spot for that. I also enjoyed the fact that they often re-opened the bar on some occasions once the afternoon hours hit, and a few drinks, coupled with a few joints, would make for a pretty enjoyable afternoon. Overall, I've gone to SF many times between 97 and 2003, and at no time during those years did I really notice any improvement in the way JP spins. He's not the worst dj in New York, but he certainly isn't the best; his sets aren't great, and they're certainly not representative of house music or overall EDM here in New York, but they're bearable. I've listened to JP on and off since Save the Robots days, and he's halfway decent when he wants to be. He's just not consistently good, and for a dj who's been spinning for years, he sometimes spins like he's new to the game. JP was very lucky to get a consistent residency in Manhattan, and he held on to it during a period when many djs were losing their homes in NY. However, beyond SF, there wasn't (and still isn't) anything about JP that would make me want to listen to him, and if he was spinning in some other city that I happened to be in, I probably wouldn't make the attempt to go hear him.

Beyond that, I have alot of respect for him, because he did help to keep alive a strong afterhours venue during a time period when the scene was literally dying, fast. JP's dedication to the scene in NY over the years has been (and still is) unquestionable.

Whoooooooooooo the fuck reaaaaaaaaaly cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like JP then DON'T go see him...................If you do, then have fun................

Thanks,

:bigfinge:

Can everyone stop hating on JP please!!!!! Whoever made up this topic is a hater and an asshole...grow up please!!!! JP #1 dj 4-eva.....as for the worst dj i would have to say...tony draper...sorry!!!! anyone going to black to see JP this sat??????? I will def. be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you friends with gaydup? :half: