Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American going to London

• 2 months later...
Hey everyone! I'm going to London in late summer. I'm def going to hit Fabric. But what are some other good clubs to go to? Also what is the best area to stay in? Thanks for your help!

I'm in Chicago, so I am sure there is someone out in London that can give you better information, but here's mine.

Depends what your interested in...Personally, I love London for their drum and bass scene. The End is always good for a launch party, Movement used to be great at Bar Rumba (Wednesday or Thursday?). The internet is always good to find any parties.

Outside of D&B, I always liked the Gass club (used to be indie on Wednesdays) and Borderline (used to be more industrial on Thursdays).

As for somewhere to stay, I am always a fan of the youth hostels. The three I like best are the Camden, Covent Garden, and London Bridge hostels. The Covent Garden hostel is closest to Leichester Square. Camden has a gritty feel, but I love the area (its about 5-7 minutes North on the Black line from Leichester Square). London bridge would be the farthest from "downtown" London, but it has a great bar on the 1st floor, and is in a decent location.

Have fun, I'm jealous!

One other note, if you stay at a hostel, look for an "International Hostel" (it has a little picture of a house ). Some can get kind of shady...especially outside of London.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I just moved to London in 5 days and I am trying to find out the best places aswell. There's a shitload of good parties going on in August. Not sure how I will have time to enjoy them all.

Sasha and Erick Morillo is playing in a big park the 21st August, should be like 10,000 people, awesome event.

Then there is the Nothing Hill Carnaval end August and also the last bank holiday weekend where there will be a shitload of places.

I've heard that Fabric should be an awesome event, I might try it out tonight.

Let me know if you need help or a party companion.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey,

I just moved to London in 5 days and I am trying to find out the best places aswell. There's a shitload of good parties going on in August. Not sure how I will have time to enjoy them all.

Sasha and Erick Morillo is playing in a big park the 21st August, should be like 10,000 people, awesome event.

Then there is the Nothing Hill Carnaval end August and also the last bank holiday weekend where there will be a shitload of places.

i would imagine any event at fabric would be wicked! i went there last year to see Hybrid and they fuckin' blew the roof off......that venue is one of the best i've been to.

Hey,

go to turnmills

www.clubinlondon.co.uk