Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cleveland, OH | May 15

RECIPE FOR BAD-ASS MINDFUNK (serves thousands)

- 1 part Pittsburgh trippy vibes

- 1 part New York City energy

- 1 part Cleveland deepness

Mix well and bake for five hours.

Brace yourself for the return of Adam Oliveri (Pittsburgh) and Thomar (NYC) to the land of Cleve!

localized_051504.gif

rumor on the street has it that thomar threw down nothing but epic trance that tiesto would be proud of!!

funny you should say that. when i finished and the lights came up i got the "one more tune" chant (the first time ever :) ), and someone yells out "play some tiesto!" then came the "play some breakbeats" and then "play some housebeats! (wtf?!)

anywho, it was a good time!

Note: Thomar's extended "Cyberwhore" edit went down like a storm!

I hate when people ask the djs to play trax. like they really take requests. I once was completely mangled at Opium Garden in Miami and asked Danny Howells to play 'I feel Stereo' and he looked at me and said "I just played that track," and proceeded to take it off the other turntable and put it away - he held up the record and showed it to me. I felt really dumb, but I was really f-ed up, so it was alright.

Did you drop any "akron house" or "cinematic dub?"

nope. but you would have really enjoyed it, i think. i'm hoping to get a copy of the set at some point and a portion may be put on the radio.

i was pleased w/ my playing EXCEPT when one of my last records was playing at the mix was a bit off and i tapped it to realign it- BUT my finger was a bit tacky and it pushed too far and wrecked the mix! :splat: i guess i had too much of the bull and got the horns!

i was pleased w/ my playing EXCEPT when one of my last records was playing at the mix was a bit off and i tapped it to realign it- BUT my finger was a bit tacky and it pushed too far and wrecked the mix! :splat: i guess i had too much of the bull and got the horns!

either that or you were totally wasted by that point.

yeah, get a copy of your sat. night set and send me one.

either that or you were totally wasted by that point.

yeah, get a copy of your sat. night set and send me one.

nah. i kept it pretty much under control. i had just had some bull and got some on my index.

i most definitely will. the monitors were so bass heavy that it was a bit tough to hear exactly what happened and when i thought i messed up a bit people out listening to it said they couldn't tell at all, but the recorder never lies!

i rather liked the set-up in the booth: 2 1200s, 2 CDJ 1ks, and a rane rotary mixer! the only thing i was missing was an efx unit, but hey, i'm not complaining!

nah. i kept it pretty much under control. i had just had some bull and got some on my index.

i most definitely will. the monitors were so bass heavy that it was a bit tough to hear exactly what happened and when i thought i messed up a bit people out listening to it said they couldn't tell at all, but the recorder never lies!

i rather liked the set-up in the booth: 2 1200s, 2 CDJ 1ks, and a rane rotary mixer! the only thing i was missing was an efx unit, but hey, i'm not complaining!

just fess up and tell the good folks in Cleveland that you DL a recent Oakenfold set and put that in the CD player!!

j/k

~~> can't wait to hear the infamous dj-thomar on the 1's and 2's.