Clubplanet Nightlife Community

?? PVD Question ??

I recently heard part of a live set from PVD live from London 4/23/00, I liked it a lot. My question is, what releases of his capture his live sound ? I've heard that his CD's are nowhere as hard & as upbeat as his live sets, I'm not familiar with what he's got out, can anyone recommend any of his "harder" work ? Thanks.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

i have a lot of his sets that i could send you in mp3 to check out

his homelands set is pretty good and live at the O is really good as well

there is a live at twilo set at there as well but its pretty old and isn't a good outtake as it doesn't capture his harder sound

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

hmr3.gif

I think that the Live at the O set is the best live PVD set out there. I don't think there have been many where he pounded it that hard for such a long set.

As to the question, I really don't think there is much studio stuff that would be able to match the intensity of his live stuff...

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

Originally posted by tiestoisgod:

I think that the Live at the O set is the best live PVD set out there. I don't think there have been many where he pounded it that hard for such a long set.

As to the question, I really don't think there is much studio stuff that would be able to match the intensity of his live stuff...

i agree, nothing catches the nrg and intensity of his live set and even he will tell you that

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE-

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

i have a lot of his sets that i could send you in mp3 to check out

his homelands set is pretty good and live at the O is really good as well

there is a live at twilo set at there as well but its pretty old and isn't a good outtake as it doesn't capture his harder sound

-Rob

Rob,

Thanks, that would be cool. If you can send them to my friend (I don't have a computer), his e-mail address is GRITOR5@aol.com

Thanks.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

no problem

i'm at work now though, so i'll send them later on tonight when i get home

-Rob

------------------

-BRING BACK FRANK ALVEE *FOR GOOD*-

hmr3.gif

You might just wanna get on napster or hook up to my FTP server....im pretty sure ive got almost all the live sets and radio captures that have been put out...try to get the

5 part Nikita Set from Sanfran and the 3 part Giant Set from LA....theres nothing better than listening straight thru, a one hour set doesnt do him justice.

------------------

THE BEAT IS IN MY HEAD

AIM:Turbo SC300