Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pleeze read and comment

Clubbing has reached an all time low.

Ive been Djing since the early 80's ad the new jacks have simply forgotten a few key facts.Clubbing is about unity and support,not showing up and expecting the show to be laid out and fed to you like pablum.

In days past I guess the attention spans were quite bit lengthier and me and my people would head out into the night and CONTRIBUTE to the party.

The new scene is like being at a house party back in high school and there were always people showing up with no beer and still heading to the fridge and grabbing all they can drink.

Think about it and wonder why the scene is wack.Then turn your high powered music intellect and figure out where the problem lies---if its not corrected you are never going to have the toy we had to play with.

Im not going to go on but next time I am going to discuss current "name" dj's and their INTEGRITY.

I think one of the problems is there are no parties with LOVE in them!

Danny Tenaglia's party @ Vinyl/Arc love it or hate it there was LOVE in the room and people who came every week for that!

Jonathan Peters @ Sound Factory (Black Dosen't Count) love it or hate it there was LOVE in the room and people who came every week for that!

There are no DJ's left with long term weekly residencys except for....

Timmy Regisford @ Shelter the Diamond in the rough, the dirty little secret....

WE NEED A CONSISTANT WEEKLY,

Bring back BODY AND SOUL!!!

............not showing up and expecting the show to be laid out and fed to you like pablum.

I agree to what you have to say....but for this part of what you said.....my friend said it best when he was asked to pay over 100$ for a party...

"The D.J. better blow me and everyone else in the club for that much."

....I think some nights have been too expensive. All the die-hard clubbers are not able to afford that. Going into a forest by following the glowstick trail was much cheeper.....Going under the Brooklyn Bridge for 10$ was much cheeper....

theres plenty of love at the 718 sessions, deep space,sunday tea dance parties as well.

Deep Space is awsome Francois is the man, but on the other hand that is not the kind of party that the average clubber is gonna like!

I was being pretty vauge with that

well at least you can appreciate some parties. But believe me i know what you mean about being surrounded especially in a big room with people who have no idea whats goin on. Like i told my ex g/f i love seeing women dressed up lovely getting ready to go out but i think its incredible when a girl is dressed liek shes ready to dance for 7,8hrs straight.

Clubbing has reached an all time low.

Ive been Djing since the early 80's ad the new jacks have simply forgotten a few key facts.Clubbing is about unity and support,not showing up and expecting the show to be laid out and fed to you like pablum.

In days past I guess the attention spans were quite bit lengthier and me and my people would head out into the night and CONTRIBUTE to the party.

The new scene is like being at a house party back in high school and there were always people showing up with no beer and still heading to the fridge and grabbing all they can drink.

Think about it and wonder why the scene is wack.Then turn your high powered music intellect and figure out where the problem lies---if its not corrected you are never going to have the toy we had to play with.

Im not going to go on but next time I am going to discuss current "name" dj's and their INTEGRITY.

Edpostal, what you said is unfortunately accurate. Clubbing in the city is at an all-time low; NYC does not even resemble the scene it was in the 1990s. The crowds have changed, the influx of pills has died down (good ones, anyway) and crystal meth is wreaking havoc on countless clubgoers and the scene in general. I rarely go out anymore...its just not as exciting as it once was...and I prefer to go out with happy memories not lackluster ones.

Yeah I was a disciple of mr vasquez untill he got too full of himself.I think the smaller room is a good thing to bring him down to Earth(pardon the pun)

His antics were adorable at first but became trite as time went on.

I hope it goes well for him and I pray his tribe keeps their drama back in the closet.Thanks for the heads up.