Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Da Band is Da Done

renzo2

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/05/14/showbuzz/index.html#0

Friday, May 14, 2004 Posted: 2:19 PM EDT (1819 GMT)

P. Diddy disbands Da Band

NEW YORK (AP) -- On the Thursday night season finale of MTV's "Making the Band 2," P. Diddy -- a.k.a. rapper/entrepreneur/Broadway star Sean Combs --finally had enough of his rap group's constant drama.

So he decided to dismantle the crew rather than release a follow-up album to their 800,000-copy-selling debut, "Too Hot For TV."

"Initially my goal with Da Band was to make sure the world saw realistically how serious hip-hop was," Diddy told The Associated Press on Thursday. "So at times it was kind of embarrassing to me the way they were portraying themselves. ... The venture with Da Band was successful because it had the TV backing. But at the end of the day, it's not worth me getting money for something I think misrepresents what [my record label] Bad Boy and hip-hop is about."

By misrepresenting, Diddy meant all the screaming arguments, scuffles, missed appointments, legal entanglements and frequent hardheadedness that the six-member group displayed during two seasons on the hit MTV reality show.

Diddy has an MTV production deal, which could possibly result in another "Making The Band" with a whole new set of would-be superstars.

welcome to 5 months ago...just because it was on tv only a couple of weeks ago doesnt mean thats when it happened

they broke up in feb...and it didnt happen like MTV made it look...diddy didnt break them up...2 quit and he kicked one out, but MTV edited it to make it look like he did it

Ness is going to go on to be good, other than that, they're all garbage

Vernan valley country boy fluffster. DRAMA? I'll give you real drama...everytime shit went down around fluffy crew...puffy was the first to hide his ass......got that tid bit of info from someone doing time...who don't like his ass, at all. The real say he's full of shit....yup, the brothers....I know.

What he represents is FARCENESS..............fuck mtv, too...then.

Vernan valley country boy fluffster. DRAMA? I'll give you real drama...everytime shit went down around fluffy crew...puffy was the first to hide his ass......got that tid bit of info from someone doing time...who don't like his ass, at all. The real say he's full of shit....yup, the brothers....I know.