Clubplanet Nightlife Community

devils army halloween parade info

Apologies in advance to the rest of you who really don't give a crap about this.

I have the following people from here enlisted in the army and have already sent you a PM:

ibhugh + gf

notforkids

misskittie

crystalmethodny (possibly)

In the event that I have overlooked someone, I've sent a catch-all to the board. Please email me with your name if I've overlooked you, or if you've suddenly become interested in marching with us.

-----devils army meetup info-----

If you are planning to bring more devils, please let me know by end of day Monday. Of course last minute prowlers will be welcome, but I'm trying to create a "roll call" list to help prevent leaving any devils behind.

The parade begins at 6:45 and lasts til 10pm. Line up is from 6:00-7:30. Given the predicted chaos, we will meet at 6:30, aiming to be lined up at the actual parade entry by 7pm. This will give us a chaos cushion to ensure that we’ll still make it in the parade.

THE DEVIL’S ARMY MEETUP is at:

Canal Jeans

504 Broadway, between Spring & Broome, in SoHo

…there is a black and white checkered banner hanging from the second floor. Please do not congregate in front of the steps. Please wait at the end of the storefront (to the right, if you are facing the store). Look for all the other freaks with horns, fangs, wings, etc.

We will do a pre-meetup and walk to the parade entry as a group—attempting to find fellow devils in the crowds, especially when some of us have never met in person seems futile. If for some reason you arrive at the meeting place and no one is there, or you arrive late (closer to 7pm), head for the actual parade meetup and try to find us there. If I can, I’ll hold a sign reading "Devil’s Army" at both locations.

THE ACTUAL PARADE LINE UP is at the west side of 6th Ave, between Spring & Dominik Streets. (see link: http://www.halloween-nyc.com/map.html#bottom )

Any questions, email me at firegirlnyc@yahoo.com. Questions on Halloween day, page me at 212-386-3657.

Now go get your wicked groove on.

FireGirl

------original email------

my bf and I are marching in the halloween parade and decided to create an army of devils. we need you horny/naughty/wicked little devils! basically this involves little to no effort, but could create a really cool effect. the interpretation of devil is wide and open...as long as you're wearing something to suggest a devil--horns or tail or pitchfork--you're in. it's really simple, one of these props and some make up will do it.

wear a business suit and horns. recycle that cheerleading outfit and add a pitchfork. anything works. I'm going as a hardcore/punk devil with black horns and bat wings. my guy's going in all leather with the same.

FG

------------------

nurturing the embers

the army is currently about 15 members strong, pooling from various sources. I'm jazzed at some of the costumes...everything from the traditional to 3 women doing Charlie's Devils. joining requires leaving work a bit early for most, but hell, it's only one day a year.

thanks for the rallying ibhugh!

FG

------------------

nurturing the embers

when you guy's are done with the parade.

come up to my party @ Barcode

1540 Bway and 46th st.

we would love to have you.

peace

Markus

------------------

Destiny@The Tin room Sat nights
/>http://www.destiny-nyc.com

Odyssey afterwork weds@Barcode
/>http://www.bakedgoodz.homepage.com

silly, devils is the theme...any kind, any iteration, any interpretation of a devil...we have sea devils, Charlies Devils, devil dog, hard core devil, the devil on vacation (devil in a hawaiian shirt), Bob the devil (the really cool wicked devil's sidekick)...as long as the costume indicates a devil is some way (horns, tail, etc), you're in. basically, the theme is all the devils that have been created over the past decades have risen to raise some hell in the parade for one night.

FG

------------------

nurturing the embers

Im making an itinerary to try and make this...lol what a goof I am I know but I am dying to be in this.

Im most likely wearing the school girl outfit with a tail and horns..lol I may chenge it though...we'll see...

Lets just see if I can make it there first!

------------------

double_f.gif

"It's normal to be different!"

Originally posted by misskittie:

Im making an itinerary to try and make this...lol what a goof I am I know but I am dying to be in this.

Im most likely wearing the school girl outfit with a tail and horns..lol I may chenge it though...we'll see...

Lets just see if I can make it there first!

um, i'm definitely there. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

i am the gatekeeper. . .

we'd love to have a disco cowboy devil. can you get a cheap pitchfork from duane reade (prob only like $5)or strap some horns to your hat? or you can make horns from cardboard and pin them to your hat.

FG

------------------

nurturing the embers