Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deepspell's Tomiie Review

just got home....met silverbull (wussup bro!! nasty moves!!!)

chilled with tomiie, romero, and PETERS (YES...HE WAS THERE...PAYING HOMAGE TO THE MAN HIMSELF!!!!! AWESOME TO FINALLY MEET YOU JP) on stage.....

:eek: what a set......holy shit!!!!!

for all of you that missed it.......i truly pitty you all.....tough shit.........................

Tomiie.....you once again rep new york city to the fullest and once again prove to me that YOU would bury tiesto, ect ect ect ect ect ect ect.................... :bowdown:

what an INCREDIBLE VIBE!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: :

indeed one of the best nights ive ever had this yr. HECTOr and SATOSHI were amazing the whole night good metting ya but now i forgot your real name hehe. I think the club was awesome last night yeah lots of LOST SHEEP but the vibe that was provioded by the people there for the right reason was strong enough to make it a great night. Hector with his deep set and satoshi with EVERYTHING lol were amazing as alwasy together i cant believe its been 7 months since last they played nyc together. And it was all under 130bpms just like i love it. Cant wait to hear hector next thursday again for his monthly at filter.I danced so much that i have to stay in tontie to recover.

First of all, from the moment I walked in there it was obvious that Spirit is under new management/ownership. The atmosphere was 20x better than when I went on a random Sat night for Boris in Feb, whoever is in charge there now really knows what's up.

Great idea to close the massage/tarot/Henna BS, brought in a GREAT lighting team, and most importantly: moved the fucking DJ onto the stage and doubled the sound system. I was really happy, I think this place will be the next big spot, although as Bull said, the crowd was hard to believe....

However the crowd is the easiest thing to change, and they've made a lot of right decisions. I am impressed by their management.

MUSIC

I think Hector tore it up!!! Great mixing, great tracks, great energy. Great set by him, he set up Satoshi perfectly.

As for Satoshi, I've got to be honest, I wasn't that impressed (I did leave at 430, so maybe I missed something) but he played a very sleepy set. I love 130bpm progressive, I have many of the tracks he played on vinyl myself. However he didn't really give the crowd the kick in the ass that Hector had been building up to. His mixing was very very short, I was really hoping for more of the darker, harder (but still mid-tempo) stuff that I've heard him play in the past.

I liked his shit, but that crowd, (while kind of 18-21 NJ pickup scene ) had some energy, and I think Satoshi kind of took it down a bit.

On the whole, great night, -Victor Soto thanks for everything, good luck, Silverbull, as always you rock it baby!

I think this place can be a hot little spot, I'll def support in the future.

I had a great time....I enjoyed Satoshi's set a lot but I agree it would have been nice to hear some of the darker house that he's known to play as well as the more groovey melodic stuff he was playing. And to Silverbull I think I saw you there towards the end.....I was the guy in the burgendy shirt dancing with the 2 hot girls (my friends) that all the guys were lookn at and takin pics of lol.

First of all, from the moment I walked in there it was obvious that Spirit is under new management/ownership. The atmosphere was 20x better than when I went on a random Sat night for Boris in Feb, whoever is in charge there now really knows what's up.

same owner, same mgmt . . . just getting a little wiser to the fact that nyc isnt dublin.

THEY SHOULD GIVE HECTOSHI A FUCKING RESIDENCY THERE..........THEY WOULD BRING BACK THE FUCKING SASHA/DIGWEED DAYS TO THAT BUILDING!!!!! IF THAT EVER HAPPENED I WOULD BE THERE EVERY GOD DAMN WEEK.

SILVERBULL DID YOU SEE ME UP IN THE STAGE WITH SATOSHI? :laugh:

DUDE THAT SHIT WAS FUCKING AMAZING BRO!!!! :bowdown:

THEN OUTA NOWHERE FUCKING JP SHOWS UP I WAS LIKE :eek: WHERE THE HELLLLLLLL DID THIS GUY COME FROM!!!!

this is whats wrong with nyc not the djs but the lack of respect by a crowd. How cold anybody miss one of the all time greats for some european dj. Even jp knew the deal. I think i saw you not to sure i saw some hot girl on the floor hehe.time ot go home and sleep i haevnt slept yet. adios.

u mean to tell me spirit actually have a crowd in there this friday...i went a few weeks ago for behrouz and there were about 20 people there...i heard it was like that the next few weeks on fridays as well...hopefully fridays fill up cause the talent is definitely there...pissed i missed satoshi..ive been dying to see him

As for Satoshi, I've got to be honest, I wasn't that impressed (I did leave at 430, so maybe I missed something) but he played a very sleepy set. I love 130bpm progressive, I have many of the tracks he played on vinyl myself. However he didn't really give the crowd the kick in the ass that Hector had been building up to. His mixing was very very short, I was really hoping for more of the darker, harder (but still mid-tempo) stuff that I've heard him play in the past.

I agree completely. Last night's set was nowhere near his performance at Filter for the last hectoshi event.

the crowd was on the young side. I cant wait for prom season to end.

this is whats wrong with nyc not the djs but the lack of respect by a crowd. How cold anybody miss one of the all time greats for some european dj. Even jp knew the deal. I think i saw you not to sure i saw some hot girl on the floor hehe.time ot go home and sleep i haevnt slept yet. adios.

well put bro...........why the FUCK would you miss Tomiie and Romero to go see Fleming or go to a hip hop spot :what: