Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Flava & WOW @ Avalon

groovefire

Was supposed to stay home and work on tunes all weekend, but got the word at 8pm that my main Murk man was opening up at Av for Nick Warren, so how could we miss it. Hoska and I got there at 10:20 (thanks to some siiiiiick Red Sox traffic), but caught most of Tom's set, which was fuckin awesome. The kid has fine tuned his sounds so well and it was amazing to hear it in that room. The tracks were all dope and the mixing was right on.

WOW were good. Nick is the duke. Jodi...ehh. They did the Abelton Live thing for awhile with a hot chick singing. That part frankly went on a little too long, but it was cool to see anyway.

Then to RISE for Porter, who is at the top of his game. My God. WOW came over to RISE and I got to hang with Nick for a bit, which was cool.

Great fuckin night.

Was supposed to stay home and work on tunes all weekend, but got the word at 8pm that my main Murk man was opening up at Av for Nick Warren, so how could we miss it. Hoska and I got there at 10:20 (thanks to some siiiiiick Red Sox traffic), but caught most of Tom's set, which was fuckin awesome. The kid has fine tuned his sounds so well and it was amazing to hear it in that room. The tracks were all dope and the mixing was right on.

WOW were good. Nick is the duke. Jodi...ehh. They did the Abelton Live thing for awhile with a hot chick singing. That part frankly went on a little too long, but it was cool to see anyway.

Then to RISE for Porter, who is at the top of his game. My God. WOW came over to RISE and I got to hang with Nick for a bit, which was cool.

Great fuckin night.

It was a great night. Nice to see all the CP'ers there supporting his royal highness the Duke of Murkville. I thought it was a great set. Still wished he finished up with Dark Beatzzzz....It's not every day you get the opportunity to put Murkapalooza on the map.

In my opinion WOW was ok. I agree that the singing for WOW went on for a bit too long. The beat would pick up. I would start dancing. Then the vocals would kick in. And I stopped in my tracks like I just stepped in dog shit. They picked it up in the last 30-45 minutes.

Porter was in two words "typical Porter". Cant wait to see him and Eli next week @Stereo.

Oh and Hoska "I luffs you too man" :makeout::love:

mah man.

now you only need a DJ name.

Dj Flareadactyl with special guest Flyranasaurus Decks?

wish i could have been there but i sally'd out per the usual.

ill be there next time, cuz there will be many next times!

~Donald Crunk Enterprises

my first reply..... nother friend of toms, and another sally who missed out...

im sure tom sounded tight on that beautiful avalon system... i'll catch him soon, as as mr dillz says, there will be more times...

mmmyeah.

i had a blast on friday. very happy to see alot of you make it so early to hear me play. it meant alot. hopefully ill have more opportunities to open there in the future.

i would comment on way out west, but i got really drunk celebrating after my set. im sure they were good though, since i dance most of the night.

It was so awesome to see you playing out at Avalon on Friday Tom, all I can say is Congrats to the Duke of Murkville, you were awesome!

Here are some pics of Tom that night:

545116_1696_r1-2.JPG?4055

545116_1693_r1-2.JPG?2503

View of Avalon from the decks upstairs:

545116_1695-2.JPG?7373

Tom - that's awesome!! Sorry I had to miss out! I'm sure you tore it up!

Saw WOW at Aria on Saturday - thought they were amazing. Their live portion was incredible - especially the female vocalist!

I thought Warren and Jody were both great - worked together well.