Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Message to New Promoters

lalate

If you're reading this, listen up.

Stop trying to get $10-20 cover from people for a venue on Mondays through Wednesday unless it's the #1 to #2 venue in LA or it's a special party. And asking girls to pay $15-20 after 10:30 on a Monday to Wednesday is beyond ridiculous.

It's laughable.

Stop trying to get $10-20 cover from people for a venue on Mondays through Wednesday unless it's the #1 to #2 venue in LA or it's a special party. And asking girls to pay $15-20 after 10:30 on a Monday to Wednesday is beyond ridiculous.

It's laughable.

LALate - any time you want to share your wisdom, I'm all ears - thanx for posting this!

It's true - I dont have anyone on my list that would be willing to pay that much early in the week and the women on my list EXPECT to get in free, it's not even a question.

LALate - any time you want to share your wisdom, I'm all ears - thanx for posting this!

It's true - I dont have anyone on my list that would be willing to pay that much early in the week and the women on my list EXPECT to get in free, it's not even a question.

Thanks man for the kind words. There are so many things out there that should be changed:

a) Changing cover for girls too early. Girls arrive later that guys cuz girls take more time to get ready and girls like to arrive later ... so telling girls their cover changes at 10 pm is not right.

B) Over hyping a venue. Cant stand these emails we get at LALate that say "the hottest venue in Hollywood" .... and it's usually describing some hole in the wall no one patronizing or something that has been dead for three years.

c) Leaving girls on the door. There is nothing more insulting, more rude, than to let 5 beautiful girls on the door come in and leave that one girl who's not beautiful to stand there and wait and wait ... it's so cruel. Have seen that happen so many times when the line was empty, the smoking lounge is right next to the entrance, and everyone sees this single unattractive girl waiting and waiting and not being let in. That is so cruel.

d) Kill the expression "off the hook." We all over use it. But the expression off the hook has been killed to death. Please, come up with somehting original lol.

e) Give receipts. Yes, no one does it, and no one will. But we all know we've been wrongly charged for our drinks now and then and you dont get to see the receipt when you close your tab, and asking to see it when your date is next to you is bad. Why do we get bills for dinner but not for drinks at the bar? no one does it and sadly no one ever will.

Things people should know:

a) You can always negotiate with a doorperson. Even though LALate saves people a fortune on cover everynight of the week, many times we show up at a party that we had nothing to do with and say - hey, give us a discount because x, y, z. Last friday, went to a venue that had close to 2,000 people inside and negotiated the cover down nearly 50% with the doorperson.

B) Ask the doorperson what is going on inside. Those doorpersons that tell you if it's good or bad inside are so cool. Just ask em "hey, is it packed inside?" They'll be honest.