Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE DONKEY SHOW - ladies have you seen it ??

I need some opinions ... we are having a bachlorette party at THE DONKEY SHOW in NYC. Have any of you been there, heard anything, good or bad ??

Also - where is a good place (close to West 21st between 10th and 11th) to grab some grub and some cocktails before the show ??

Any info. you could offer up, I really appreciate !

I was there about 2 months ago for my sister's bachelorette party. We ate at the Chelsea Brewing Company first then walked over to the show. The people at the Brewery were very, cool. Filled my sister up a few free shots. The food wasn't bad either and it's right on the water, so the view was nice too, you can get anything from pub food to nice entrees. It's not pricey either

It's not a far walk to the Donkey show from the Peers. We had a blast at the show. It's not a sit down kinda thing. The show goes on all around you, litterally. It's basically Shakespear's, Midsummer Nights Dream told thru Disco music. The bartenders were pretty damn liberal with their booze after I tipped them well. But that's usually the case anywhere you go.

I thought the Donkey show was a much better idea than going to one of those Chip-n-dale/HunkoMania kinda things. Those are kinda pathetic.

Anyway we had a limo pick us up after the show and cart our polluted butts around the city and then back home to CT. The girls are still talking about it.

You can get a discount/group package if you have more than 10 people going. The bride gets in free and she also gets a little party pack with some nice bachelorette stuff, like a feather boa, t-shirt and other things.

I would reccomend it... definatley.

hope that helps

The place is called El Flamingo, the party is called "The Donkey Show". We always used to pre-game there and then go to the factory. I loved the plave. It was nice for a guy bc of all the women there and the fact that they are there for their bachelorette party. The Donkey Show is pretty good, its actually a mid-summers night dream performed to all disco songs, we were usually there when te show was over but I have seen the whole thing and its pretty amusing. The music after consists of mostly disco, some new cheezy techno tracks and some rap mixed in. I would highly recommend going there, I have never had a bad night there, that cuold be due to that fact that we never paid to get in and had open bar for 2 hours, which I don't think they do anymore, which is why we stopped going.

You'll have fun though... I promise! :)