Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nerve?

CrzyC

Unfortunally for South Beach, being different is the kiss of death, there are not enough people to support all the venues and their ideas, what it all comes down to is money and business 101. It is great to be cutting edge and different but it is hard to make money at it, not enough loyalty from customers to maintain jobs and doors open. Think of Luna, Privilege, Nerve and many more from the past and present, they meant well of the bat but had to change in order to pay the bills. Who's fault is it, who knows, maybe this city has lost it's creativity and the world will be taken over by hip hop...

no matter what hip hop makes money and brings people to venues, sometimes is better to swallow your pride then to fire people with families that depend on you for their paychecks.. everyone should think about what places make you really happy for what they bring us and try to support better than ever to keep them alive.

that's my 2 cents...

this is not only a South Beach problem I think it happens anywhere right now.

WPB for example they had a club open up a couple years ago and it was straight up electronic dance music. Unfortunately there wasn't enough loyalty on the part of the club goer for the owner to keep doing edm nights. SO he started the hip hop thing. It pays the bills.

Same thing is happening throughout Florida probably the country. the more and more I see new faces in the clubs the more I see the influence of MTV's newer generation as they've been force fed Hip Hop and bubble-gum Pop.

I don't blame any of the owners for doing what they have to do to keep the doors open. What I do not tolerate is owners screwing promoters and Djs just because they need to change nights and all. I say let the djs and promoters know from the get-go that they have X amount of time and then if the money's not coming in then it's no surprise to anyone when the nights start to change

Peace,