Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats the big deal about Reagan?

yeah, I wished I had never invested so much of time with these loonies..but I want to clear something, i dont blame regan for all his action, after all the guy was asleep most of the time he was in office, its the people around him that should be held accountable, starting with his Vice President!!!!

I think you're just full of crap, especially makking statements that you know some of the key people in his administration. Keep dreaming though.

Clinton's legacy is what?

well ... he reformed welfare for one .... i don't get this ... you right wingers should praise him for this at the very least give him credit where credit is due .... i remember all the 'commies' all up and arms about that but ya know ... ppl were living off of welfare and he set limits on it which is a good thing, putting them to work instead of leeching off of us tax payers

he also got rid of the national debt and created a surplus for the first time in american history(so far as i know, feel free to correct me if I am wrong) ... even if i am it was still great that he got rid of all that debt that reaganomics created

ok .. bk to topic ... I think reagan was a great president because he instilled a sense of patriotism ... regardless of what you think of his economic policy(i'm not a fan BTW) ... he made you feel proud to be an American ... he had a certain charisma that you just couldn't help but respect him as your leader ... He really gave America a much needed sense of identity ... after the Vietnam war the gov't(and America as a country) had lost a big amount of trust and respect and he did alot to restore that trust and respect

Guys, great information and analysis there are a lot of things I have over looked about the Reagan area that were both good and bad but,

QUICK QUESTION:

Wasn't Reagan the 1st president to use to media to get elected??? Also I'm pretty sure he put us into hardcore debt... i dono about no surplus.

179003Natl_Debts_Chart-med.gif