Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open letter to the ghetto mainlanders who invade South Beach every weekend

mfiorellino

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

conversely , it is the ignorance of people that makes me sick. you know nothing of the African American culture. yet, you have the audacity, to attack an entire culture based on the actions of few. you need to change your culturally challenged mindset. it is fear and lack of understanding which fosters hate. get a clue bro!

By fakeness of the black culture I wasn't referring to the black culture being fake, what I meant was the way it is portrayed by the blacks (and others) down here in miami is FAKE. What the yportray, gun violence, is nothing like the how the real ghetto black culture is. I grew up with mostly ghetto black people, so I def "have a clue", just not good wording skills.

i think u should have just taken one of my mottos from the begining, and that is dont hate , appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not saying dont speak up in ue defense, but if ur gonna hate, dont say anything at all, just move onto whatever the next thought in ur head is gonna be!!!!!!!!!!!

By fakeness of the black culture I wasn't referring to the black culture being fake, what I meant was the way it is portrayed by the blacks (and others) down here in miami is FAKE. What the yportray, gun violence, is nothing like the how the real ghetto black culture is. I grew up with mostly ghetto black people, so I def "have a clue", just not good wording skills.
again you're generalizing. how can you label something fake? referring to the African American culture in Miami. which you obviously don't know nor fully understand. if you grew up in an African American culture, or "with mostly ghetto black people" as you interestingly labeled it. then your exposure was rather limited at best. that I base on your rather enlighten, yet challenged observations regarding the same. you don't have a clue about the African American culture in Miami... so spare me the generalizations, because this African American finds your comments very offense, and furthest thing from reality.

conversely , it is the ignorance of people that makes me sick. you know nothing of the African American culture. yet, you have the audacity, to attack an entire culture based on the actions of few. you need to change your culturally challenged mindset. it is fear and lack of understanding which fosters hate. get a clue bro!

Tell him how it is!!!

Guest brwneydtrouble
OK. It looks like you have a problem against hip-hop, or mostly black dominated cities, (reference to ghetto, hip-hop, liberty city).

Let me just tell you that there are good apples and bad apples. You seem to be a bad sour apple. The beach has been the way it is since as far back as I can remember. What made you move there. Let alone why are you even there if you don't like the lifestyle. I seem to see a lot more bums, prostitutes, and stupid hypees there than in the mainland.

People like you make me sick.

I dont think its all that biased at all. I used to live on south beach and let me tell you, I was sick and tired of walking to eat somewhere on washington avenue on a weekday, having my hand or arm grabbed, hollered and cat called at by ghetto thug wannabes. The crowds that stand around club deep, honey, and the rest of death row with the exception of Privilege leave much to be desired. These same fools drive up and down washington, collins and ocean drive all night long, cutting in and out of traffic, not paying attention to the cars/pedestrians around them because they are too busy trying to pick up some underage underdressed hoochie walking on the sidewalk. This is not anything against hip hop, race, or area or origin in general. Its an obvious truth, one only needs to go to the beach around 12 to see what im talking about. Im sorry, but when I decided to move to the beach, I expected the bums, crackheads and assorted freaks, but I DID NOT EXPECT to be afraid to walk home because I was being followed.

Like you said, there are good apples - I used to go to Home Cookin at Rain, LOVED IT. The crowd was great.

Tony, I think that the african american culture and black thug culture are two totally different things. The first is something that is held with respect, one's own true beliefs whereas the second is something that others try to emulate. Others being white, hispanic, even african american. I had an african american friend that used to always say whenever he called someone a nigger - "white people have niggers too". Every race has a percentage that create the stereotype. Cubans have the rafters and marielitos that people always consider the ones that leech off the government, have no jobs and expect everything handed to them on a platter. But what about the ones that bust their asses to be where they are? Starting with nothing to make something for their families?

Its all about perspective and opinions. They are like assholes, everyones got one.

Haha good place to bitch and complain about how ghetto the beach is lol..... the beach has been like that for years...Im not sure how long you've lived there for but you should have definately consider that before moving there... I actually think that it has actually gotten better... iim not sure if u grew up in miami but back when i was in high school... hmm 8 yrs ago there was 10000 car clubs and they would always go to south beach and i'm talking about 40-50 cars per club....plus back then it was 18 and over for most of the clubs so there was tons more people that you see now....anyways this is a retarded thread...

again you're generalizing. how can you label something fake? referring to the African American culture in Miami. which you obviously don't know nor fully understand. if you grew up in an African American culture, or "with mostly ghetto black people" as you interestingly labeled it. then your exposure was rather limited at best. that I base on your rather enlighten, yet challenged observations regarding the same. you don't have a clue about the African American culture in Miami... so spare me the generalizations, because this African American finds your comments very offense, and furthest thing from reality.

First off I am not trying to be offensive and my best friend in baltimore was black so I am the least bit racist. No I do not fully understand the black culture in miami, nor do you have a clue about the culture where I am from, otherwise you would know exactly what I am saying, so you are ignorant as well. But what I do understand from the black culture down here,( actually let me say hip-hop culture because thats what I am referring to, not all blacks, and not just blacks , just anyone trying to portray this thug image, mainly the kind we saw memorial day weekend) is that they walk around trying to look hard and thuggish when in reality they are not, this is NOT a different culture than what I know, this is a bunch of clowns. Iam not singling out blacks, only mentioning them in particular because that is what the hip-hop culture mostly portrays, even though it includes many latin and white guys. A different culture I may not understand, but pretending to be like other people ( wannabe thugs) is not a culture, its a bunch of scrubs, and thats all I have seen down here as far as the "hiphop" culture, I guess it does take alot more to impress me in that area, but these people are ridiculous. Obviously you have intelligent enough posts to prove you do not fit this category so what are you worried about?

I dont think its all that biased at all. I used to live on south beach and let me tell you, I was sick and tired of walking to eat somewhere on washington avenue on a weekday, having my hand or arm grabbed, hollered and cat called at by ghetto thug wannabes. The crowds that stand around club deep, honey, and the rest of death row with the exception of Privilege leave much to be desired. These same fools drive up and down washington, collins and ocean drive all night long, cutting in and out of traffic, not paying attention to the cars/pedestrians around them because they are too busy trying to pick up some underage underdressed hoochie walking on the sidewalk. This is not anything against hip hop, race, or area or origin in general. Its an obvious truth, one only needs to go to the beach around 12 to see what im talking about. Im sorry, but when I decided to move to the beach, I expected the bums, crackheads and assorted freaks, but I DID NOT EXPECT to be afraid to walk home because I was being followed.

Like you said, there are good apples - I used to go to Home Cookin at Rain, LOVED IT. The crowd was great.

Tony, I think that the african american culture and black thug culture are two totally different things. The first is something that is held with respect, one's own true beliefs whereas the second is something that others try to emulate. Others being white, hispanic, even african american. I had an african american friend that used to always say whenever he called someone a nigger - "white people have niggers too". Every race has a percentage that create the stereotype. Cubans have the rafters and marielitos that people always consider the ones that leech off the government, have no jobs and expect everything handed to them on a platter. But what about the ones that bust their asses to be where they are? Starting with nothing to make something for their families?

Its all about perspective and opinions. They are like assholes, everyones got one.

yes! the African American culture and black thug culture (LOL if you want call it that), are not the same. unfortunately a vast majority of people don't make the distinction, and that is precisely what both angers and concerns me.

First off I am not trying to be offensive and my best friend in baltimore was black so I am the least bit racist. No I do not fully understand the black culture in miami, nor do you have a clue about the culture where I am from, otherwise you would know exactly what I am saying, so you are ignorant as well. But what I do understand from the black culture down here,( actually let me say hip-hop culture because thats what I am referring to, not all blacks, and not just blacks , just anyone trying to portray this thug image, mainly the kind we saw memorial day weekend) is that they walk around trying to look hard and thuggish when in reality they are not, this is NOT a different culture than what I know, this is a bunch of clowns. Iam not singling out blacks, only mentioning them in particular because that is what the hip-hop culture mostly portrays, even though it includes many latin and white guys. A different culture I may not understand, but pretending to be like other people ( wannabe thugs) is not a culture, its a bunch of scrubs, and thats all I have seen down here as far as the "hiphop" culture, I guess it does take alot more to impress me in that area, but these people are ridiculous. Obviously you have intelligent enough posts to prove you do not fit this category so what are you worried about?
as a point of information I never implied you where racist. just culturally challenged where African Americans are concerned, I would hope you would recognize the same. in any case the hip hop culture and the African American culture are not one in the same. you originally put them together as one, hence my use of the word ignorant. you are correct; I have no clue about your culture. thus it would seem unlikely I would make any comments regarding the same. in answer to your question "what am I worried about?" would you sit back and allow someone to generalize about your race and/or culture? I think it's fairly safe to assume you wouldn't. so it's safe to assume I will do likewise. it's really that simple. you seem like a decent person. I would just say you should choose your words more wisely. :)

guys, i dont understand why we are even talking about this in the forum... it is apparently none of our faults this occurs because everyone here seems to be very considerate. why dont we uprise this concern where it would make a difference... and i have no idea where that would be...

Guest brwneydtrouble
screw this

man if you gotta problem say somethin on the street

dont say that junk on the net

Yeah so they can duke it out like real men huh? :rolleyes: