Clubplanet Nightlife Community

July 10 | STEVE GERRARD (Bedrock, Wrecked Angle) | Cleveland

gerrard_front_450x300.jpg

gerrard_back_450x300.jpg

STEVE GERRARD

(wrecked angle, filta, birmingham uk)

http://www.stevegerrard.net

"Steve Gerrard is another DJ who is making a name for himself by delivering great sets everywhere he goes. He always rocks it at Bedrock when he plays." John Digweed

In 1998, Steve won Muzik Magazine's Bedroom Bedlam competition and since then his career has gone from strength to strength. With influences that range from the Sasha and Digweed, Nick Warren and Danny Howells to Adam Freeland and Hybrid and the technical skills of Anthony Pappa, he has developed quite a unique style. Which is: Deep, progressive house mixed with breakbeat and a hint of trance, building steadily and creating a set which is more than the sum of its parts. All the while keeping in mind that it is his job to make people want to dance and keep on dancing.

Moving along to the present, Steve's living the life that many aspiring DJ's hope for. He gets to travel all over the world, meeting new people and playing great music. "If you're lucky", he says "this job allows you to do all three of those things, and that's something I'm very grateful for." Although we know it's more than just luck that will take you places. Some of Steve's notable DJing accomplishments include: Winning the Ericsson Muzik Award (best bedroom bedlam DJ 2000), starting his own successful club night in Birmingham called Subspace and headlining at some of the world's greatest clubs such as Nikita in San Francisco and Giant in Los Angeles.

That is just a small sample of his accomplishments, with a full DJing schedule, Steve has had the opportunity to play at the following venues with some of the top DJ's from around the world: Bedrock; Home (London); Nikita (San Francisco); Giant (LA); Spundae (WMC Miami); Limelight (NYC); Skysound (Mexico); Fluid (Hong Kong); God's Kitchen; Ministry of Sound; The End (London); Sundissential; Progress (Istanbul); Snakepit (Denver); Club Amsterdam (Denver); Trance Buddha (Amsterdam) and alongside Anthony Pappa, Steve Lawler, Nick Warren, Adam Freeland, Hybrid, Hyper, Craig Richards, Justin Robertson and John Digweed. His broad musical tastes have given him the great chance to appear as the support DJ for Oasis at Wembley Stadium in front of 93,000 people!

saturday, july 10

abbasso (inside bottom's up)

1222 prospect ave, (east of e 9th st)

downtown cleveland

9p-4a :: 21+ :: $5 before 11p, $10 after

pre-sale tickets by credit card at http://www.groovetickets.com

and http://www.headrushmusic.com

you're going back to Ohio again? why do you even pay rent in NYC? So much for your birthday party @Cielo w/ Danny Howells. :rolleyes:

Steve Gerrard = cool dude.

The party has been moved to the 16th for JZ. Also, if you did go to Howells (which, you probably won't), you'd leave after 45 minutes! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently Steve is staying w/ Stacey next weekend in NYC --- seriously, how small is the scene!

she called me yesterday about something, but i haven't hadn't a chance to talk to her yet.

it'd be cool to hang out w her sometime soon though- she's more elusive than me!

RAWK IT OUT PROPER --- GOOD LUCK THOMAR! That boys got trax now, don't know when it happend but I'd actually go listen to him now if I was in Clevo ---- no more BS snoozebar prog --- were talking WICKED GOOD BIG ROOM TRACKS!

thanks everyone! i played for about 1.5 hours to no one b/c it was early and i was just messing about and sounding like shit. dave played for a while and then let me run it out 'til SG. i was quite happy w/ my showing and SG even gave me the head nod at one point and people were boogying- so i was happy! thanks for the messages GK and Gina (Vic = no love shown!) :)

p.s. there were no drinks spilled by me at this event! :pint: