Clubplanet Nightlife Community

History Was Made ( 6-27-04 )

obby

Today history was made. I am sure most of you know what I am talking about. It was brilliant!!!!!! Pulled the rug out from under the terrorist who probably had planned to sabotage the transfer of power. Paul Bremer is already on his way back to the States and Nato has just agreed to give assistance to Iraq. Don't expect the Bush haters to acknowledge this.....IT WAS BRILLIANT!

Congratulations to the Iraqi people.

(feel free to move this mods)

:)

this is a great thing that has happened...it is their country after all!!!!!!!! they did this very sneaky like they do everything else!!!!!!!!!!but it doesnt change the fact that we r lied to by this administration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

not that any other administration will do any better, which is why i say the whole system is a travishamochery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for those of u that say yeah but its what we have so we have to make the best of it....ur weak in the miond and ur basically a pussy!!!!!!!!!!! its time for the poeple to try to take control of their govt. thats what politicians r supposed to be servants of the people!!!!!!! but weve lost that somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...this reminds me of a Graduation ceremony in that even though many have a diploma they are still unemployed .

..this is nothing more than a simple ceremony , and the real progress is yet to come .

that's an impressive analogy.. :)

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...I don't know I jusr think it's all a bunch of lies, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit...I'm sure we are still going to hear about all kinds of shit going on down there...congratulations on your freedom Iraq.

:pint:

its time for the poeple to try to take control of their govt. thats what politicians r supposed to be servants of the people!!!!!!! but weve lost that somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.. it's been the other way around for a very long time.

Polls: Americans skeptical about prospects for Iraq turnover; Iraqis' optimism drops

By Will Lester, Associated Press, 6/28/2004 15:06

WASHINGTON (AP) Iraqis' optimism has dropped over the past few months, and Americans are skeptical about the turnover of political control, according to polls released Monday.

By a 2-1 margin, Americans say the turnover of political control to Iraqis now is not a sign of success but of failure because the nation's stability remains in question, according to a CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll. Still, three-fourths in the poll approved of the U.S. handover of authority.

The U.S.-led coalition in Iraq transferred sovereignty to an interim Iraqi government Monday two days ahead of schedule.

A separate poll of Iraqis found that 56 percent expect life to be better a year from now, down from 71 percent who felt that way in February. Results of the poll, conducted by Oxford Research International, were posted on the BBC Web site Monday.

The percentage of Iraqis who think the war was the wrong thing to do has increased from 39 percent in February to 56 percent now.

More than half of Iraqis said the nation's security would improve after the handover of Iraq by the Americans, and three-fourths said they expect it will improve after an elected Iraqi government takes over early next year.

In the Gallup poll of Americans, six in 10 said the handover of authority at such an unstable point is a sign of failure, while about three in 10, 32 percent, said the handover of authority on schedule is a sign of success, according to the Gallup poll taken last week.

Six in 10 said they think it is unlikely internal security will be established in Iraq in the next five years and slightly more, 63 percent, said they think U.S. troops will be in Iraq for another three years or more.

Americans would prefer a shorter time for the U.S. military presence. Seven in 10 said the United States should have a significant number of troops in Iraq two years or less.

The poll found that despite their doubts, a majority, 54 percent, had hopes the transfer of authority to the Iraqis could improve the situation in that country.

The Gallup poll of 1,005 adults in the United States was taken June 21-23 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points. The Oxford International poll of 3,002 Iraqis was taken nationwide in Iraq from May 19 to June 14 and has a margin of sampling error of plus of minus 2 percentage points.