Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i need some new songs to download

Look at the music board.....or go to vipguestlist.org -- they are always very up to date with tracks suggestions :aright:

lol i dont know why i didnt think of lookin on the music board. probally cause i am always on the jersey one. thanks

Z

>try this...GO OUT AND BUY UR MUSIC ;)

Mendez

well unless your commin out with a new cd that i can buy in stores with some hot tracks on it, where would you like me to buy the music from. i go to mondo music alot but still cant get the tracks that are being played today in the clubs. everyone downloads tracks.

Z

well unless your commin out with a new cd that i can buy in stores with some hot tracks on it, where would you like me to buy the music from. i go to mondo music alot but still cant get the tracks that are being played today in the clubs. everyone downloads tracks.

Z

>get a cheap turntable and BUY IT ON VINYL. If you are a true music guru...it sounds better on vinyl anyway. You ask where u can get music? DECA DANCE, SATILITE, there's a TON of record stores in NY that you can get all the stuff I get, and those stores i mentioned...you will most likely run into BIG NAME DJ's buying all the bombs u are looking for. I guess i am bitter about people who download music because that's the reason why dance music is at an all time low. NO labels putting $$$ into mixes cause evryone doesn't BUY IT!!!!

i guess what i'm trying to say is SUPPORT RECORD SALES

peace out dude.

Mendez :)

>get a cheap turntable and BUY IT ON VINYL. If you are a true music guru...it sounds better on vinyl anyway. You ask where u can get music? DECA DANCE, SATILITE, there's a TON of record stores in NY that you can get all the stuff I get, and those stores i mentioned...you will most likely run into BIG NAME DJ's buying all the bombs u are looking for. I guess i am bitter about people who download music because that's the reason why dance music is at an all time low. NO labels putting $$$ into mixes cause evryone doesn't BUY IT!!!!

i guess what i'm trying to say is SUPPORT RECORD SALES

peace out dude.

I had a short-lived,less-than-10-gig Dj career. I did the CD thing first and then switched to vinyl. Like you, I realized that if you want any kind of respect doing this stuff, you cant be using CD's. (Then I got a big promotion and dont have time for my fledging DJ career...I suck anway)

BUT..my point here is...you cant expect any non-DJ to be buying house music. You are dogging velvetrope for downloading..the kid isnt a DJ man! You expect him to buy a $6-$10 piece of vinyl for one good track? And where is he going to play that track...on his turntable in his car? Or maybe he can bring it to the beach and play it on his turntable walkman? Or are you expecting him to sit for hours and rip sick every vinyl into his own mp3 which he can then burn...who's got the time for that?? Your comments are unrealistic. You are a DJ..and yes all DJ's who want any kind of respect need to purchase vinyl and do away with downloading....but for the every-day-Joe...get real

love you dude..just making a point

what we need is a site that sells mp3 as well as vinyl, or sells all the stuff that i can get on vinyl as mp3s.

i get my stuff on vinyl cause i dj, and i already blow about a 100 bucks every two weeks or so, but that's just on stuff that would fit into my sets. if i spent 10 bucks a track on every track that i like, i would be broke. i shop at dancerecords.com and love it, they have a really good selection and a lot of the new tracks that i want quickly show up there.

i just wish there was a place where i could pay like a few bucks for a song on mp3 instead of getting everything on vinyl.

what we need is a site that sells mp3 as well as vinyl, or sells all the stuff that i can get on vinyl as mp3s.

i get my stuff on vinyl cause i dj, and i already blow about a 100 bucks every two weeks or so, but that's just on stuff that would fit into my sets. if i spent 10 bucks a track on every track that i like, i would be broke. i shop at dancerecords.com and love it, they have a really good selection and a lot of the new tracks that i want quickly show up there.

i just wish there was a place where i could pay like a few bucks for a song on mp3 instead of getting everything on vinyl.

that is my favorite site....best discohouse selection in the US. It sucks that it comes from California though...tracks are old by the time you get em..lol.

I had a short-lived,less-than-10-gig Dj career. I did the CD thing first and then switched to vinyl. Like you, I realized that if you want any kind of respect doing this stuff, you cant be using CD's. (Then I got a big promotion and dont have time for my fledging DJ career...I suck anway)

BUT..my point here is...you cant expect any non-DJ to be buying house music. You are dogging velvetrope for downloading..the kid isnt a DJ man! You expect him to buy a $6-$10 piece of vinyl for one good track? And where is he going to play that track...on his turntable in his car? Or maybe he can bring it to the beach and play it on his turntable walkman? Or are you expecting him to sit for hours and rip sick every vinyl into his own mp3 which he can then burn...who's got the time for that?? Your comments are unrealistic. You are a DJ..and yes all DJ's who want any kind of respect need to purchase vinyl and do away with downloading....but for the every-day-Joe...get real

love you dude..just making a point

Much love to you brotha. I see ur point...and ur absolutly right. but my comments are unrealistic??? I know a ton of people who buy vinyl and there not even DJ's. I'm not looking to get into a pissing match but the more downloading that goes on, the more it hurts the industry.

>Before all this downloading crap even started...what did people do??? they bought it. No shit most people aren't DJ's, but what they need to understand IT HURTS EVERYBODY!!!! I'm not mad @ anyone who downloads music...but it has changed dance music so dramatically it has changed the scene.

PEACE

Before all this downloading crap even started...what did people do???

I bought mix CD's from the city or the flea market or from some dude who "knew a guy" who sold mix cd's. Never bought a piece of vinyl in my life before becoming interested in mixing tracks together...which most people never get involved in. A Regular Joe buying vinyl is unrealistic was my point. downloading has hurt the music industry but I do not believe it is slowing the vinyl industry as much as you may have been implying. Now..Tsettos' new mix CD might be having a problem with sales....I'll give you that

the fact is...we're not talking about Dave Matthews songs here. We are not talking about songs that come out on CD singles available to play in your car or at the gym. We are talking about tracks that are usually otherwise not available to the Regular Joe..unless he can download them. There is not a widespread availability in CD format to listen to house music. Even if you purchased all the hot mix cd's out there...you'd still only get to listen to 1% or less of all the housemusic out there..and you are listening only to one DJ's picks, not your own. I love going on a vinyl site...hearing the previews and then downloading the track. Its not stealing...I never wouldve bought the track for $10 plus shipping...nobody lost out on the sale because the REgular Joe never was buying it in the first place. (That said..back when i thought I was a superDJ...i did buy tracks, but i had a use for them in the club, not in my car/at the gym).

Again we can go at this forever. Currently...there is no affordable widespread (keyword widespread) availability of housemusic for the Regular Joe outside of downloading. Those that buy vinyl and are DJ's...thats your job to purchase music. I pay $$$$'s to maintain suits, my CPA license, etc each year for my job. Outside of a job...vinyl has little use and is not practical in today's lifestyle on the go in your car and at the gym.

GIve me a website that allows me to download mp3's (as new as they come out on vinyl) for $1 a piece and I'll find you 100,000 people who will spend $10 a week on tracks. Otherwise there's no inbetween getting tracks for free and $10 a track right now. The industry needs to find a medium for Regular Joe

Mendez- Good points

Many Dj's are in record pools where they get records weekly for a set fee per month. One of the stipulations is that you report back on what your playing which can be a pain in the ass but worth it if you consider that you get a lot of those 'remixes' of radio records stuff that you hate buying at the shop...kinda like a dj's "meat and potatos". A lot of times you get the hard to find remixes that arent in the stores which is cool also. There are several cd pools that Dj's use-Promo Only, Hot traxx, X-mix etc which you subscribe to monthly. With these you usually dont have to report anything back which is cool.

Bad news for you Z is that you have to be a professional working DJ to subscibe to these services....the point is that the DJs play the music in the clubs and the fans/clubbers go buy the music and that's how money is made for the lable/artist.

I agree that some songs are hard to find and I see why anyone would want to download those if availible only in that fashion

heck I remeber the old days of drivng all over to friends houses swapping cds made from the old dual cd recorders playing them on the old busted denons lol!

hey i definitly know how all this downloading is hittin the industry. dont get me wrong i do go out and look for tracks on mixed cds or even in record stores. there are only a few tracks i can find. i do promotions and have two djs in my teams and they have a shit load of songs but not the ones i want. as for the record pools, someone said you have to dj professinaly well my djs have full time jobs and only get like 2-3 gigs a month so i dont think that is good enuff, but will have them look into it. even all the songs people list that are recently out, i still cant find online if i look so i will check some sites for it. i do buy vinyl once in a while but 10bucks each record adds up. as for any cds that come out in stores by djs then ill be there to buy it and suport there sales.

Z

Record lables need to re-release some of the older stuff on vinyl. The New DJ who wasn't around when the vinyl was new can pick it up and add to his/her collection. Extra money will be injected into the record companys, helping them produce more tracks. More kids would get used to spinning vinyl. What do you think?

And for the record lables, start putting more acapellas on the vinyl. Every Hip hop vinyl I have comes with an acapella.