Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Heather and Ken (ECB): House music ALL night long!!!

philippio

Opener by the Soulpatch crew: unparalleled!!! Crowd was a bit slow to filter in but solid by 12:30! Rick and Jason delivered the house goodies! :D Deep, quirky and all the good shtuff in between!!! Heather and Ken were tag teaming all night long and it was madness!!! In my opinion, Heather played a tougher set this time than at Lush a few months back but still very intuitive. I had never heard Ken before but he played better than Heather, IMO. He dropped Johnny Corporate's 'Sunday Shoutin' which I hadn't heard in such a long time!!! And towards the end, Stetsasonic's 'Talkin' All That Jazz' which was just brilliant!!! Heather played lots of Chicago house funkiness and, as was expeced, the knobs on that DJM got a great work-out!!! Lyrik, you woulda loved it!!! It was a very pleasant surprise to see that Josh and his girl made it from Tampa. Jimmy T. and Sean, don't tell me it wasn't an insane night of house. Very intimate atmosphere, everyone in that room knew what it was about, and bodies were gyrating everywhere!!! Clearly, Soulpatch did a wonderful job with promoting the night! Only complaint: could have been a bit cooler in there and although I only had 2 drinks, they could have been stronger. :D

Wow, what a night.

Cobwebs are just starting to clear. I just dropped Heather and Ken off at the airport and they expressed their sincerest THANKS to Orlando for coming out proper. It was Heathers first time in Orlando and we are making plans to bring her back again. She had a blast!

As for the music, WOW. That about all I can say. Those two could do no wrong last night.

SoulPatch would like to thank EVERYONE who came out. There were many new faces last night as well as some old housers that we haven't seen in a while.

The show gets an A- in our book, right behind the H-Foundation show we threw a while back. Only downside was the air conditioning. It could have been a touch cooler. It didn't seem to stop the dancing, EVERYONE was getting their groove on last night.

Next on the calendar is Dizzy at the end of the month at Eli's Cribb. This will be a free show.

Thanks again from the SoulPatch crew!

Ah Man!!! I just rolled out of bed and my head HURTS!!! Last night was one for the history books. I knew 90% of the 175+ people that were there.

To me, thats what a healthy scene should be.

I would like to thank Rick for sharing my vision.

And a sincere thanks goes to everyone who came out last night...it was all about you.

i think I'm gonna smoke myself to sleep now.

I was very impressed by the turnout for this party... By far one of the best parties ive been to in Otown... Hats off to the Soulpatch crew.. It was well worth the drive up... Heather & Ken tore it upfrom begining to end... Great opening tunes from Jason & Rick as well... Orlando definately loves its house music and it showed saturday night ... Keep up the good work guys...Nice seein ya again Phil and Lyrik you were missed homeboy... I hope everything worked out for you...

peace,

JT :)

I was very impressed by the turnout for this party... By far one of the best parties ive been to in Otown... Hats off to the Soulpatch crew.. It was well worth the drive up... Heather & Ken tore it upfrom begining to end... Great opening tunes from Jason & Rick as well... Orlando definately loves its house music and it showed saturday night ... Keep up the good work guys...Nice seein ya again Phil and Lyrik you were missed homeboy... I hope everything worked out for you...

peace,

JT :)

Glad you guys had a good time and made it there and back in one piece. Everything seems to be going okay now....so its on like Donkey Kong this weekend for YOUSEF at Crobar....I am very excited for him to play here at a bigger venue.

Glad you guys had a good time and made it there and back in one piece. Everything seems to be going okay now....so its on like Donkey Kong this weekend for YOUSEF at Crobar....I am very excited for him to play here at a bigger venue.

My chances of driving down for Yousef are looking dim right now. But I gotta say, when he played at Oxygen back in September, music was amazing! ANd Craig did a great opener. It's too bad it was a hip-hop crowd. I really enjoyed Yousef's set! :D