Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A little help

exit24e

I am originally from ny, but for the last 3 months or so i have been in baisc training for the Navy over at Great Lakes. Now i am in school right across the street from boot camp. What this is the first time i have had any freedom whatsoever. I am looking to go out this weekend and most other weekends coming up. I am probably going to bring some of these small town folk out to show them what clubbing is about. I jsut want to know what the scene is like out here? Whats the hot spots? I'm not really into the whole table/bottle service scene. Are there afterhours here... any info would be much appreciated. I am probably jsut gona go out and find a record store somewhere once Friday rolls around and i can get off this base, but i jsut figured i would ask here...

7.16: Lee Burridge & Nic Fanciulli @ Soundbar :bounce::bounce:

7.16: Brett Johnson & Heather @ Smartbar

7.16: Kevin Yost @ Zentra

7.17: Mazi, Kyle Szmurlo, Hipolito Sanchez, Brian Ffar & Daniel Mnookin @ AIDS benefit @ Trace

7.17: Johan Gielen, Jondi & Spesh, Hipolito Sanchez @ Vision

7.17: Paul Oakenfold, Sandra Collins @ The Vic

7.17: Jamie Thinnes @ Spybar

Not sure what you are into but music driven this is what Chicago has to offer this weekend.

Unfortunatly i just found out this weekend is shot for me so i am not going to be off base, and I must say i am pretty pissed that i am going to miss Burridge.

well honestly i am pretty open with my music, but my preference would have to be house, tech house, maybee a little tribal. People like Tenaglia & Howells ever make it out here. Also, isn't Bad BoY Bill from originally from here? Does he ever come around?

Unfortunatly i just found out this weekend is shot for me so i am not going to be off base, and I must say i am pretty pissed that i am going to miss Burridge.

well honestly i am pretty open with my music, but my preference would have to be house, tech house, maybee a little tribal. People like Tenaglia & Howells ever make it out here. Also, isn't Bad BoY Bill from originally from here? Does he ever come around?

if your into house & no bottle service i would suggest SmartBar Chicago always. every weekend there you can catch great talent. no dress code goes till 4am during the week and 5am on saturdays, and the dancefloor is usually packed. check out www.smartbarchicago.com think it's located at 3730 n. clark.

some other spots i just love : sonetique 1444 west chicago : really pretty, but the crowd is diverse the music is always good and its just gorgeous.

first fridays bass by the pound usually does a one off d&b night there, which is a lot of fun!

sound-bar.com : newest club added to chicago : i love it, for me it's just enough club : 3 rooms : hip-hop downstairs : just mix of house and shite in another room and trance/techno or whomever is headlining in the main room. there is bottle service here, but its optional and if you go on a night when there is someone great performing you'll be sure to enjoy yourself.

during the week...like wednesdays...bigwig for d&b till 2am then 3degrees at zentra for good house and just fun! www.zentranightclub.com oh yeah almost forgot there is this great free party that goes on at grant park every wednesday 6:30-9:30, this is one of the best times you can have.

tuesdays : slicks : division & northbranch : 4am

mondays : zentra : for Derrick L. Carter : industry night

to know whats goin on check out www.purefuture.com events section (;