Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYI - Improve the subject lines?

Seeing how this misskittie thing blew out of proportion, why don't we all agree on a way we can categorize the subject lines. Even though this is a clubbing related messageboard, it's also a community. It's not fair for one member to say what another member can or can't post. On the other hand it's aggravating for the members that find some of the posts to be off topic. To help those members we can create and agree on a subject category list. Just a quick example:

NYI - Need Your Input

FYA - For Your Amusement

CMU - Club NYC Meet-up

PROM - Promotion (Look ma…I'm a old skool!!! Yippeee!!!)

BORED - I have nothing interesting to say and I want to be annoying.

Actually it would be best if the categories are built into the messageboard software (you out there Dave?) so they can be sorted and any topics that do not interest you can be easily ignored. If that’s not possible, we can try prefix the acronym to the subject lines. This sounds good on paper but I doubt everyone will stick by it and keeping new members informed with the categories will get annoying on it's own. A mandatory drop down list, with pre-defined categories would probably be best idea but will ClubPlanet invest their time and money for us demanding and impatient New Yorkers?

Just a thought...any comments or suggestions?

its a nice idea but how about everyone posted whatever teh f*uck they want and if people dont like it they shouldnt read it ..

as for imposters if they are just being retarded then ignore them if a situation comes up where someone is be really malicious .. u can prob find out who it is or their e-mail at least ... and take it from there .. but i'm not gonna start regulating my post and labeling them .. fuck that ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Yeah, and I'm sure the people that do the impostor posts will really use these correctly, You dumbass! Duh?

Not that I've been posting on here much or anything, but who the fuck are you to tell anyone shit?

I dont like the drama either, but I just ignore it, I mean when you see "my fly" or "moosedknuckles" as the subject, it's quite obviously not club related.

If your looking for just club related info you should look at the listings not the message board.

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

its a nice idea but how about everyone posted whatever teh f*uck they want and if people dont like it they shouldnt read it ..

as for imposters if they are just being retarded then ignore them if a situation comes up where someone is be really malicious .. u can prob find out who it is or their e-mail at least ... and take it from there .. but i'm not gonna start regulating my post and labeling them .. fuck that ...

Have you ever been missing from the board for a couple of days and when you return you find a thousand new threads? Out of those thousand threads maybe 100 at most interest you. Wouldn't it be great to quickly browse through just the 100 messages that interest you most?

Originally posted by just4themusic:

Yeah, and I'm sure the people that do the impostor posts will really use these correctly, You dumbass! Duh?

Not that I've been posting on here much or anything, but who the fuck are you to tell anyone shit?

I dont like the drama either, but I just ignore it, I mean when you see "my fly" or "moosedknuckles" as the subject, it's quite obviously not club related.

If your looking for just club related info you should look at the listings not the message board.

no need for hostility. mario was just trying to be helpful.

cwm7.gif

the drama will continue no matter what - i don't think there's anyway around it.

Originally posted by MarioNY:

Have you ever been missing from the board for a couple of days and when you return you find a thousand new threads? Out of those thousand threads maybe 100 at most interest you. Wouldn't it be great to quickly browse through just the 100 messages that interest you most?

well personally ... no i dont care that much aboutthis crap, there are some nice people here and i liek discussing shit here ... but this is what i do while tryin to look busy at work ... and further more i dont see how those lil titles would help me anyway ...

dont try to bring order to the board it will never happen ..

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

1. You don't seem to be ignoring it...you read this after all and replied to it. Even went so far as to explode in a new thread.

2. After seeing so many replies to the thread "My Fly" you begin to think that it's something serious to have attracted such attention.

3. Is it just me? Sometimes I get the feeling that a majority of the brainless posts are just to increase the member status.

Originally posted by MarioNY:

3. Is it just me? Sometimes I get the feeling that a majority of the brainless posts are just to increase the member status.

No, for most of us its amusing and helps get through 'work'

------------------

Always keep em' second guessing!

WHOA!! cwm31.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~