Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bring Down Felix

livin42nite

yeah I love his style but he tries too hard to be weird or something sometimes, he's hit or miss I guess, does some great productions though, but they're hit or miss also, to me he's kind of like AVH, when he's good he's really fucking amazing, and when he's not good it's embarassing

Been too long since felix the housecat has played here. Crobar, Space, or Mansion team bring him down.

Oh and to those reading this go out and buy his latest album, amazing cd.

WERD!

What is the title of the cd? I have the cd that has the tracks "Bucci Bag" and "Control Freak". If there is a newer one, I'll be sure to pick it up.

I would also LOVE to see Miss Kitten. She too has a new cd out.

MISS KITTIN

New Album: "I COM"

Released 31st May 2004

>> Listen

Miss Kittin releases her long awaited debut solo album ‘I Com’ through novamute on May 31st 2004.

Caroline Herve, aka Miss Kittin, has over the past five years, truly become one of the most inspiring DJs and voices to emerge within the electronic music scene. Her vocal collaborations have produced seminal moments of dancefloor heaven. Alongside long-time production partner The Hacker, tracks such as ‘Frank Sinatra’ and ‘1982’ propelled them into the spotlight whilst further collaborations with Felix Da Housecat ‘Silver Screen (Shower Scene)’, Golden Boy ‘Rippin Kittin’, Sven Vath ‘Je T’aime’ and more recently T. Raumschmiere ‘The Game Is Not Over’ and Tricky have confirmed Miss Kittin’s star billing status.

Miss Kittin has also taken centre stage as a headline DJ in her own right - the job that she truly considers her own and one that she excels at. She can flawlessly join the dots between Detroit techno, deep house, electro and Black Dog records and understands how a Prince track can fit into a banging club set. “If I don't have fun myself, I'm not able to please people,†says Kittin. “DJing must be, in a way, something selfish. I shout it loud: I don't do it for the people. I never pretended to educate the audience. I just share a big part of me, taking it as serious as I love it.â€

French born Miss Kittin is, alongside her frantically busy global DJ schedule, working A&R jobs, hosting radio mix-shows, remixing, collaborating and writing music. “I Com†is Miss Kittin stripped bare: her first solo mission and an album rich in Kittin attitude. From her Berlin base “I Com†has been co-produced by Tobi Neumann and Thies Mynther a.k.a. GLOVE, who had previously also worked with fellow electro-pop upstarts Chicks On Speed. The album opens with the first single “Professional Distortionâ€, a rock meets blip-hop opus and wry commentary on her experiences in the nightlife world. From there, the album careens through the giddy electro-punk of “Meet Sue Be She†(apparently an ode to her manager) to the shimmering euro-pop of “Kiss Factory†and the icy skank of “Dub About Meâ€.

One thing soon becomes very clear. One of the main progenitors of the so-called ‘electro-clash’ movement has found her wings, finding a range of style and voice that far outshines such short-sighted preconceptions. On “I Comâ€, we find a unique personality for whom the notion of ‘electro-clash’ is now a distant memory, where the heavily-accented deadpan delivery over techno beats that established her notoriety on previous recordings has been unseated by a desire to sing, to scream, to rap and to croon, all of which she manages to do with ample helpings of sly wit and wordplay and a musical landscape that incorporates both brazen beats and intoxicating atmospherics.

Several guest appearances enhance the mood, including Chicago luminary L.A. Williams on “Requiem For A Hit†and longtime sparring partner Michel Amato (The Hacker) on “Soundtrack Of Nowâ€. The album also features a cover version; the 1985 Euro-hit “3eme Sexe†(Third Sex) by Indochine.

‘I Com’ is preceded by the single ‘Professional Distortion’ on May 17th.

Listen

'I Com' megamix by Si Begg - MP3 (804K)

Track Listing

CD

Professional Distortion

Requiem For A Hit

Happy Violentine

Meet Sue Be She

Kiss Factory

Allergic

Soundtrack Of Now

Dub About Me