Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any ikon reveiws

Last week was my first time at Exit2 so this is probably a stupid question. How do you get an orange bracelet?

what is an orange braclet anyway? if u mean vip thing .. then i dont know the answer but may be some exit-heads can answer you

peace

the MASK

Yo yo yo

Mask, good chillin' with ya last night man, you are madd cool bro.

Last night rocked! The pink room was the hottest room in the club hands down (and the most packed). Holla..........

P.S- All the bullshit at the door will be worked out for next party. No more waiting on line for the guestlist

I thought it sucked royally. The made us wait outside for half an hour, so I thought the party must be kicking in there...only go to in and find it had like 100 ppl. That's crazy! When we waited in line, the ppl coming out yelled "don't go in there!!!" They even had that same annoying gay dancer from Exit2, currently at crobar. 90% of the population was Chinese too. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but where are all the Italian hotties?

What a waste of $25. Eddie Baez sucked too, too techno for me.. he made me yearn for Tony Draper (whom I never liked) if you can believe that. I had such good times at Exit...to see it in such a state is depressing. So many great dj's there, the crowd was unbelieveably hot.. If those walls could talk.....That place sux now.

Now it's the pink room...not the white room. The white room was way better.

When I went to the pink room, it was empty. When was it packed?

Avoid Ikon at all costs...like someone said, it probably won't last long anyway.

Yo yo yo

Last night rocked! The pink room was the hottest room in the club hands down (and the most packed). Holla..........

P.S- All the bullshit at the door will be worked out for next party. No more waiting on line for the guestlist

Ok I am gonna post my rant and rave now! And Gabe sorry I don't like being associated with this dump but I saw jason jollins on the flier just as everyone else did and said fuck it let me check it out. He's awesome as I have heard him first online and like his style. So anyway these people that manage exit night club (as it is visibly seen in the back of the club on there neon sign) or whatever name you want these days don't have any skill in running a club. I ain't no club guru and never worked behind the seens in one but seriously I see major flaws in there running things.

First off the line. Learn how to run a line first. We are not a heard of cattle! You jerks definetley know how to not to run one. Study your competition and find success cause you sure are running it like a fucking dmv! You get in line at 11pm and by the time you get to the front it is 12. Then they are like you can't get in free cause it is passed 12. Duh the line never moved for an hour! And it wasn't a long line! So this huge security guard tells us to move back the line which means they were trying to make it look large than it was. Guestlist or no Guestlist we were all mangled in one line! I was like good idea your causing us to waste time in line gives us less time at the bar. Could have never thought of such a great idea. Considering there bars are always empty!

Anyway there a sparse crowd there all night long. Yeah the crowd was way young but that is a typical exit crowd. Maybe they should work on attracting people of different age groups. So many vip areas and it really is nice in many areas. The bathrooms on the other side are the horrendous. Way nice way to keep your customers idiots. The fucking seat covers on the floor and the toilet paper stocked next to the toilet on the floor all pissed on. Nice one jerks.

So we pretty much hang in the pink room where all the good stuff is like alex pearce and jason jollins who are very talented individuals. They had us groovin all night long. We meet many familiar faces and new ones and enjoy ourselves there. The bathrooms there are very good considering this club. If you are up in that area stick to those. When there were people there are certain times the vibe was awesome. But it crashed alot due to the fact there wasn't many people in this carvernous place. The dj in the hip hop room was rocking some decent tunes imo but I just found it weird he was djing on dual cd deck thingys. I mean I am from the oldschool like jam master jay so that is what I consider a dj to be but I don't gripe cause he was ok for that style of music. You know spanish reggae etc... I wasn't there that long cause I love my house music.

So we decide to go to the mainroom and listen to baez and hell it was pretty bad. I heard pump up the jam. Seriously. I know it was some tribal remix but I left that shit like 10-15 years ago whenever it was created. Ok fuckit it sounded like ktu up in that peace. If I wanted to be onslaughted with ktu crap I would have gone to spirit or websterhall! So we go to the staircase back running from the horrendous music and the bouncer says we gotta go take the other staircase and blocks it off. I am like what? So we go to the other staircase and the other bouncer says you can't go there cause it goes to the dj booth. I am like yeah right I took that one last week to the balcony. So we go back again to the original one pissed and eventually go up it. So much drama to function in a club. Hey it must suck to be 18 to have to deal with clubs like these. Fucke'm Don't support these assholes.

Go to crobar. Let the guy rip you apart about how you are supposed to be dressed and get in and have a ball. Depending on the dj playing there of course. But seriously I am pissed off at this dump! I ain't going back till someone learns how to run it and make it function to at least the levels of the rest of nyc. End of rant and rave...

Sorry for the illogical paragraphs.

DigitalExtacy aka Edwin

Yo yo yo

Alex ... it was great meeting you and your friends and gf .. cool people no doubt ..

the pink room music was awesome .. me and my crew spent most of the night there .. and even when we have some major annoyances (door, guard on the stair preventing people from going upstairs, etc.) .. in my opinion, the music in the pink room made it easy for me to accept the club ..

I know that digital had a major issue with the club in general and i do agree with him .. specifically the door policy, which was rediculious .. but i still had a good time afterwords .. specially in the pink room ..

peace

the MASK

I thought it sucked royally. The made us wait outside for half an hour, so I thought the party must be kicking in there...only go to in and find it had like 100 ppl. That's crazy! When we waited in line, the ppl coming out yelled "don't go in there!!!" They even had that same annoying gay dancer from Exit2, currently at crobar. 90% of the population was Chinese too. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but where are all the Italian hotties?

What a waste of $25. Eddie Baez sucked too, too techno for me.. he made me yearn for Tony Draper (whom I never liked) if you can believe that. I had such good times at Exit...to see it in such a state is depressing. So many great dj's there, the crowd was unbelieveably hot.. If those walls could talk.....That place sux now.

Now it's the pink room...not the white room. The white room was way better.

When I went to the pink room, it was empty. When was it packed?

Avoid Ikon at all costs...like someone said, it probably won't last long anyway.

nyckitty69 .. i agree with you on the door thing . it was way outta control and obviously exit wanted to make money regardless ..

the club was generally empty too ..i do agree with you on that .. even tho from my perspective i dont care much for the crowd as long as the music is good

i disagree with you on the pink room tho .. i thought the music there was awesome .. however i agree that it was not packed ..

i dont know what is the white room .. is that the top roof one .. if it is .. i duno buddy .. but when i went upstairs i did not think the music there was that good .. it sounded like ktu at times .. but then again i only stayed there for short time so i cant say much about that room

eddie bais was not bad at all . i love techno and he was jamming .. especially at the end ... to be honest . whoever was playing in the beginning .. was playing some ktu crap .. that sucked .. but later .. like after 3 am .. the music was very good if u ask me ... and i assume that this was eddie ..

overall i had good time ..

and u know what . i am sure everyone had diff opinions about the night .. but that is what makes the night life experience so interesting after all

sorry that u did not like it .. ..

take care

peace

the MASK

I see why everyone always complains about the line, and security in this club, it's because Eddie Biez sucks. I guarantee if you had a Tony Draper, Boris, or even JP, there will be something to talk about, than natural club happenings, but since there's no good music being played on the main, you begin to think about all the little things.

Yes it was a dead night but judging from the 1st week people still love this place and will continue to visit. It's one of the biggest nightclubs in the world and maybe in our country. I admit also I stood upstairs the whole night so I can't really judge the main. But the truths the truth they gotta get rid of that guy.

Rooftop review, (that's what you need the orange bracelet for, get it from the door people it's a selective thing, which is good, I like the idea) I went very late so I got to hear my Boy DJ Cleveland rock alot of the older stuff, nice vibe but due to the fact that they can't fully raise that sound system (neighborhood issues) it just dosen't get crazy up there, it's more of a lounge feeling.

The secret Jungle review, once again that DJ Brinka guy was insane the whole night, I even got to speak with him about the whole cd, vinyl thing, he plays both but prefers cd's cause he can do more tricks rather than traditional record cutting, he likes to blend and use the art of natural mixing as a original dj should. They painted the room green for him and will improve the setting in there by this week. He had the hard task of not having a replacement that night so he played a marathon 8 hours straight. I was very impressed. He also told me his #1 music is house, so I'm anxious to hear his style soon. He had that room packed all night until the afterhours came that's when people started going home after 5am, he had all these sexy girls in his room the whole night, he played alot of that new genre of music called reggaeton which had people getting pretty freaky in there.

The beloved Pink room review, although at times it was kind of empty I thought Jason Jollins and Ziggy (who did the afterhours) rocked. It turned out that main floor had closed before the 3rd floor rooms did. That's f***ing crazy. So it turned out being that the Pink room was the main attraction of the night. Good hard tribal, and progressive house was rocking all night.

Like I said last week the 3rd floor was worth the admission alone.

Ok I am gonna post my rant and rave now!

i agree with digital .. most of the annoyances came from those running the club .. and sorry to say that but they are loosing people and good-music lover like digital and my crew ..

i still like the ample restrooms and the many sofas around tho .. i thought that was good .. since most clubs dont have them and people are soo tired standing

peace

the MASK