Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cece peniston & david Longoria

jennydances1

anybody know if david longoria & cece peniston are gonna be in Mimi for some shows? i saw them on tv and they said they were coming out for some club shows. and what about the Deeper Love cd?????? anybody know where to get it????? it's playing but not in the stores yet. junior vasques on the radio is on it 2, but no returned calls from KTU in new York. :splat: cece and david are great and his trumpet rocks especially on deeper love

are you serious?

What? Live vocalists are a bad thing now? Cece has sang at shows for the X'ess guys in Chicago along with some great house DJs and producers...you have no idea how great those shows are when someone that can actually sing is belting out clearly and audibly....I can't say as much for these studio engineered trance vocalists that when you here them live sound like ass and don't even have the vocal capability to sing over a DJ set. These 2 have been singing live in the house circuit for along time.....maybe you just associate them with a song that had a breakthrough success, but their shows are fantastic. People are so quick to judge based on pre-conceived notions....I don't get it...and yet this freestyle reunion concert is being treated like its the best thing in the world coming up.

Anyways to answer the question - I haven't heard anything about them being here in a club showing and my best bet is if they would come down here is to be at the return of the X'ess guys party coming in August as a follow up to one the most successful events I had been to in Miami (The Frankie Knuckles Party at Nerve). When I spoke with Jon and Ashish months back I encouraged them to bring something special next time and drilled them with live vocalists...these guys have had tons of great vocalists sing up in Chicago for them along side excellent DJs/producers and from what I hear the venue they are looking into (which has just been totally re-done and had its grand opeing just a week or 2 ago) would be perfect for their next party. If they brought Cece Peniston you better believe I would be there and BELIEVE that place would be packed out the doors just like knuckles party...because these guys know what they are doing...and would surely bring some top notch DJs along with her...but its all just speculation now.

check this site in August to see when they will post their event:

www.xessentertainment.com

Take a look at past events...if you know than you know.

i saw these two perform at a concert and it was breathtaking. i watch djs every week and love it but nothing compares to experiencing a live performance by world class artists like these two. david is known for jazz stuff and if you know the club song deeper love, you can imagine how powerful the live show is. i'll drive down to miami in august for that one!!!