Clubplanet Nightlife Community

spirit

Heres some history for ya: And the limelight mentioned is not the one on 6th ave, its the original one that was at 7TH AVE SOUTH.

"What is now known as "house" actually has its roots in the 70s New York City gay underground dance scene, particularly The Loft, The Gallery, The Inferno, Ginza, Better Days, Sanctuary, Tamburlaine, Buttermilk Bottom, Crisco, Limelight, Flamingo, etc. This early legacy was later continued and expanded in the late 70s and 80s at the Paradise Garage and Zanzibar and in Chicago at the Warehouse, Power Plant and Music Box. And the roots of the music itself go back to 70's R & B, Philly disco, funk, afrobeat and European electronic music such as Kraftwerk and Klein & MBO".

i thought it was tony draper every fri? jp every sat or was tony draper a one time event?

I hope what u'r saying is true since I only know of the sullivan room which is true to that statement...it just seems that all the lounges I visited lately cater to that crowd, I read the descriptions which say x place is a chill out lounge, then I go and see the fake dior, prada, etc crowd waiting in line which is enough to make some ppl turn around and walk back to their cars...at least they make the fake dior ppl wait in the lines too!! :laugh:

no tony does not have residency the last few fridays were great w/johnny vicious 2 weeks ago..u had george acosta and vic dinair 3 weeks ago and last week was sean ink...fridays they will keep bringing in talent ....i have no excuse for them bringing devito in i guess for the $$$$