Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Free Spoken Word/Poetry night in Los Angeles

Reply to: sundaygreenroom@yahoo.com

Date: 2004-07-23, 3:36PM PDT

Greetings All,

A few of my friends and I have decided to start our own night of poetry and spoken word at my place. The first night will be on Sunday August 1st and we will start at 7PM.

Basically, we will have refreshments and cd music and then an open mic. The list will be first come first serve, so get there early if you would like to read. We will end the night with freestyle spoken word which will be open to anyone who wants to jump in. All performances will be done to specially selected music tracks unless requested by the performer.

This is an informal setting designed to bring people together. We will be doing this every Sunday night after the 1st and it is open to any who wish to attend. Please note that this is a FREE evening!!

I am donating my home and refreshments to this event so please respect my home and the fact that you are receiving free entertainment in Los Angeles (a rare thing).

Feel free to bring your own snacks and refreshments if you choose (alcoholic beverages will not be provided but you may bring your own). There is no smoking allowed. If you must smoke you will have to go outside of the building. There is an outdoor patio/balcony, but smoking is NOT permitted there.

If this event becomes larger, in time we will begin charging a cover, however it will never be more than $1.00.

If you are interested in attending, please send an email to the address above and you will receive an evite with all of the pertinent information

this is in or around Los Angeles (KoreaTown)

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests.