Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm tired of being patient!

i wouldnt suggest women in child baring age to take a whole lot of tuna, the mercury content could lead to birth related complications later on.......

Protein sources??? the best are chicken and tuna which you mentioned, but if you get sick of that you can always go for protein bars or shakes. And yes nuts are a good source of protein and omega 3's.

Salad is great, but avoid the dressing. Also, as much as I love tomatoes, they are relatively high on the glycemic index so you might want to cut them out. I would try to throw in some grilled chicken or some other source of protein when you eat the salad.

As far as your grilling, sounds like you are going in the right direction, you might want to try grilled salmon, if you like fish. And I assume you are avoiding the grilled dogs.

Also, your workouts seem fine. Just make sure your weight training comes first and then after you have burned the glycogen you can start your cardio training.

Good luck

nautica

I have also heard this. But, what i would like to see is the amount of mercury that could be detrimental and also the amount of mercury which may be contained in a can of tuna.

For example, sweat and low can cause cancer in rats, but the amount which it took was 1000's of times what any person would ever consume.

If you run across any conclusive studies be sure and post them, I would be interested in seeing them.

Nautica

at least for men, i have read a detailed study which suggest an increase in mayocardial infraction from somewhat high intake of mercury from fish source. the study was done in europe where fish consumption is higher than in the us.

I have a paper copy of the study....I could fax it to u if u want??? or if u have access to new england journal of medicine u can check it out there.

I have also heard this. But, what i would like to see is the amount of mercury that could be detrimental and also the amount of mercury which may be contained in a can of tuna.

For example, sweat and low can cause cancer in rats, but the amount which it took was 1000's of times what any person would ever consume.

If you run across any conclusive studies be sure and post them, I would be interested in seeing them.

Nautica

Nautica -

Enjoy reading your comments in regard to dieting....

I am also trying to shed some pounds (mainly tummy). I am going to cut the fruits and grapefruit juice immediately - and incorporate sweet potatoes/brown rice/oatmeal into my diet.

Can you give me some examples of protein snacks (besides Chicken and Tuna)...

Can I eat non-salted peanuts as a small snack?

Can I still eat Salad? I eat salad daily: Spinach leaves, tomato, feta cheese(should i cut out the feta?)

I grill out chicken, pork chops and steaks often with vegetables. Any suggestions are appreciated. thanks

btw, I work out at the gym and do minimum 45 mins. cardio 4-5x weekly as well as free-weights... any other suggestions?

THANK YOU :)

Just to point something out, you can't target where to lose the fat, as it is generally a systemic response. Depending on your genetics, which determins where your estrogenic fat concentrations are, the fat on the tummy, thighs, butt or under arms may be the last to go (and often times boobs can be the first). So don't get discouraged if you aren't seeing progress in a particular area first.

Also, what vegetables do you commonly add to your meals?

Just to point something out, you can't target where to lose the fat, as it is generally a systemic response. Depending on your genetics, which determins where your estrogenic fat concentrations are, the fat on the tummy, thighs, butt or under arms may be the last to go (and often times boobs can be the first). So don't get discouraged if you aren't seeing progress in a particular area first.

Actually, for females boobs are the last to go (if we are speaking proportions). It is just that we would like for them to stay unproportionately large (at least I would)

Nautica

Actually, for females boobs are the last to go (if we are speaking proportions). It is just that we would like for them to stay unproportionately large (at least I would)

Nautica

As would I :bounce:

For my GF, her boobs go before her thighs. That may be because she always is pretty lean anyway.

Protein sources??? the best are chicken and tuna which you mentioned, but if you get sick of that you can always go for protein bars or shakes. And yes nuts are a good source of protein and omega 3's.

Salad is great, but avoid the dressing. Also, as much as I love tomatoes, they are relatively high on the glycemic index so you might want to cut them out. I would try to throw in some grilled chicken or some other source of protein when you eat the salad.

As far as your grilling, sounds like you are going in the right direction, you might want to try grilled salmon, if you like fish. And I assume you are avoiding the grilled dogs.

Also, your workouts seem fine. Just make sure your weight training comes first and then after you have burned the glycogen you can start your cardio training.

Good luck

nautica

Thanks Nautica.... on a side note - I have heard it is not healthy to eat protein bars on a daily basis... they are hard to digest and can "stick" to your intestines, etc... Protein shakes are fine.. And yes I enjoy grilled salmon (yummyyyy) :) (and I don't do hot dogs except the occassional baseball game grill-out!)

Also, thanks for the heads up on cardio after weights.. I usually do it vice versa..

Anyway - I appreciate your input :)

Tummy runs on my moms side... I gain muscle easily however losing the tummy is the most difficult for me. Also, I'm not able to go to the gym for 3 hours at a time anymore thanks to work/commute. So I'm focusing on my diet as much as possible....

I have a big ass steamer that I use.... I like mushrooms, snow peas, green beans, and broccilli.