Clubplanet Nightlife Community

tunnel reunion party

yo want to know the ages for the tunnel reunion party and want to know if anyone else is hittin it up. so much shit going on this saturday and not sure where to go. its down to:

Tunnel Reunion at Ikon

Denny Tsettos Bday bash at Tempts

Jerry X's Bday bash at XS

JP at Spirit

hmm what to do

Z

yo want to know the ages for the tunnel reunion party and want to know if anyone else is hittin it up. so much shit going on this saturday and not sure where to go. its down to:

Tunnel Reunion at Ikon

Denny Tsettos Bday bash at Tempts

Jerry X's Bday bash at XS

JP at Spirit

hmm what to do

Z

definitely hit up XS... XS saturdays have been a lot of fun... ive went about 4 times this summer... had a blast everytime...

tempts for tsetto's birthday is gonna be lame... tempts lost it this summer...

jp @ spirit??? why waste a summer night here??? save it for the fall/winter

ikon isnt going to be a tunnel reuinion... the tunnel is dead... move on

"if we try to recreate yesterday, we will only lose tomorrow"

look at you dishing out the philosophical quotes!!!!:type: haha... i may have to steal this one.

But back on topic wi9th tunnel, i will bet you maybe 5% of the people there really did go to tunnel back in the day. They are just calling it a "reunion party" to lure in a crowd.

definitely hit up XS... XS saturdays have been a lot of fun... ive went about 4 times this summer... had a blast everytime...

tempts for tsetto's birthday is gonna be lame... tempts lost it this summer...

jp @ spirit??? why waste a summer night here??? save it for the fall/winter

yea i been to xs bout two weeks ago with andrew mendez, shit was crazy. also did the dj unity jam that day so that night was kinda a blurr.

as for tempts, i know its been kinda dead this year but i know i gotta drop by and say whats up to denny and support the other djs. richie santana, peter baily,teo t and johnny vicious will be spinning along with the birthday man. so this week will be crazy.

as for jp at spirit i was there last week and let me tell you, it was one sick night. esp for summer time. vip area reminds me of the old limelight days.

so it looks like ill be at tempts for most of the night but will be droppin by xs for about an hour for jerrys bday.

Z

Guest distort909

this is what i wrote on another board in reply to this.

im sorry but this party is complete bullshit..............

i worked at tunnel & limelight for a better part of my life & what eddie play for like a month?

& who gave permission to do a tunnel party & use the logo?

I doubt Mr. Gatien himself. If you are gonna do a tunnel party the DJ's that should be there would be:

Corbett

Gonzo

Steven zor

Tony Dee

Junior vasques

DT

then all the side room dj's -

The kerfew party - yental beats / septum & more

RPG / Coalition / Distort909 - The Hardcore Techno Parties in the new room.

its a shame that you have to use the tunnel name to draw a crowd............. try booking the actual dj's that made tunnel tunnel.

Oh by the way this is making all the tunnel heads threw out the city crack up............... i just had to put my $.02 in.

sorry for offending anyone.

They are just calling it a "reunion party" to lure in a crowd.

Exactly. Every single "reunion" party is like that...a bunch of bs. Only way I can see some kind of real reunion happening, is if a dj leaves a party...and then comes back later on to play the same party at the same club, everything else is bs.

The Tunnel reunion party at IKON looks weak. I don't think it will draw much of a crowd. The Baez fans will eat it up though. I'm glad to see that Eddie is spinning somewhere. He's a class act, and has always been dedicated to his parties.

I never thought I'd be hitting up Exit again, but I will definitely have to hit it up this upcoming Friday night for Rob James. If any of you guys heard him at Discotheque afterhours a few months ago with Razor, he littered the place with nasty beats.

Jesus, as I read all these threads I can't help but notice all the winers and complainers all over the place, there is never anything positive hardly ever said unless its for some underground dj u never heard of making some noise. But yet you are all the same people going to the same places week by week.

The only reasonable thread I've read, in a month was the one about Blvd this week.

It's been a while since anyone has written anything productive and useful, it's all the same mallarky, Exit, JP, Avalon and Spirit.

I totally understand everyone has the right to there opinions here, but If I didn't know better and I was a 1st timer looking on this site, I would think that every club in NY sucks.

I love Ikon, Spirit, Avalon and etc. People visit here just to party here; stop making all of our spots look so bad. And speak to a manager at a club nicely b4 you go swearing that the place sucks, believe me you'll always get your way if ur kind 4 once.

not true hun... You Really dont read many threads do you... most of the threads on here recommend places... but everyone has an opinion and if you dont like them then dont freckin read them. simple as that ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and btw most of us like going to the same place every week and getting to know the people there... oviously we have fun at that club if were there week in and week out...

Guest distort909

who said anyting about a place sucking?

our complaint here is that this isnt a real tunnel party & promoters should stop using this gimick to draw in customers.

read my post before this one & you will see that is what my gripe is....................

im not complaing about the junior tunnel classics party becuase he was there for a length of time & he also played at another gatien club palladium for a length of time also known as arena.............

but to go as far as using the tunnel logo for biaz @ ikon is a slap in the face............... i think copywright laws come into play on that.

I also believe the tunnel main promoters should be involved with doing somehting that has anything to do with the gatien clubs.............

Mike francis / mark anthony / pancho / ego trip / platnium promo / kurfew and so on.............

Just a fake, wannabee EVOLUTION party. As much as I would like to revisit the glory days of old, it's never gonna be the same. No furry room, no Queens, no chilling in the bathroom, no dirty grimey brick walls, No Angel,Tasha or Gawdzilla working the door.....i'm getting myself depressed.

you know what, I am using this thread to express my feelings about the whole message board. and I do read everyones post, I even use some of this info for what I do. (Not telling) I just hate when sometimes people wanna knock something down that is meant to be positive (Tunnel Party) Yes I've partied at the Tunnel with all of you, and do feel the same on certain views (DJ's and stuff) what I hate is people knocking what they haven't tried.

The purpose of the Tunnel reunion party is about the music from that time, not the actual club, (although there will be certain surprises that night)

I'm not here to make enemies so keep all negative profanity to yourself

Here's my personal opinion on this party, speaking as a former resident of tunnel. from around 98 till 01'. (YB) for all who don't know!!

The actual thought of a Tunnel reunion party really IS something that would be ill, but like previous posts have wrote it would only have to actually be @ tunnel..which in could happen one day..becuase if you take a look at the former tunnel, it still (on the inside) looks exactly like it did minus sound and lighting.. you can look straight down the main floor on 12th ave because they put up glass windows and knocked down the stairs leading to the second floor..(which is what was there if you walked in the side door). Tunnel has been turned into a Art Gallery now...Eddie did dj there..but there were many others including myself that spent years djing there every Saturday. not one night, or 1 month.. So in all fairness a Tunnel reunion party should really be whole group of djs that spun there for a long time. Not just Eddie and 4 Sounfactory dj's (the other dj's on the line up). Its just a marketing ploy to make money...

I am in talks with one of promoters there who wants me & gonzo to do something there possibly labor day, or thanksgiving... maybe I can encourage them to really put together a old school line up...which could be cool..as a one time event...we see..

PS. Maria, YentalBeats is one word for the billionth time...you cunt!!!! lol

you know what, I am using this thread to express my feelings about the whole message board. and I do read everyones post, I even use some of this info for what I do. (Not telling) I just hate when sometimes people wanna knock something down that is meant to be positive (Tunnel Party) Yes I've partied at the Tunnel with all of you, and do feel the same on certain views (DJ's and stuff) what I hate is people knocking what they haven't tried.

The purpose of the Tunnel reunion party is about the music from that time, not the actual club, (although there will be certain surprises that night)

I'm not here to make enemies so keep all negative profanity to yourself

You sound like a promoter of the party. Everything your sayin is bs pretty much. If the party is about the music from that time, why isn't it called tunnel classics night(like juniors party is bieng called)instead of tunnel reunion??

No I'm not a promoter nor DJ, and I don't have nothing to do with this party, the concept reunion party is used because of the past successful exit reunion parties. And yes I feel also that all former dj's should be on the bill, but can't due to budget issues.

I understand what Jayrock is saying when it comes to the whole "Classic" tunnel sound by having eddie spin older stuff...But I think to label something a "Tunnel Reunion" is a big step to accually accomplish and satisify the real tunnel heads from back in the day.... We are all just getting old lol and those were the best times, so I guess we are all jaded in the fact that they are gone and can never be brought back into todays club scene.. (a tear drops from the eye)

lol

No I'm not a promoter nor DJ, and I don't have nothing to do with this party, the concept reunion party is used because of the past successful exit reunion parties. And yes I feel also that all former dj's should be on the bill, but can't due to budget issues.

How do you know the specific reason there using tunnel reunion and how do you know anything about there budget if your not affiliated with the club?

:lame: