Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DEMF/Movement type event on the common

bostongeorge

I was kinda thinkin that if I could get enough willing people from the boston area together we could make it happen. I have already planned and executed two parties in the past. This event would be a free event for charity (the only way boston will let us do this) on the common and unlike the three day movement, I would want to start with one or two days depending on funding and such. I am thinking that local businesses, clubs, vendors, and radio stations will fund it (especially if it is for charity).

What do you all think

It's a 1 Million in commercial general liability insurance and boston is not accountable for anything. It also says some events require more. I'm thinking the cost of insurance wouldn't be over 6 to 10% and all we need to do is hit up mucho businesses for funding, spend other peoples money.

IF YOU BELIEVE, YOU WILL ACHIEVE!!!!!!!

look into making it a benefit, not for profit.

Many cities are much more leniet, and the business regulations are not as stringent if the money will not be going into your pocket.

DEMF is a free festival, remember that, but DEMF is also 50% paid for by Detroit.

Groove is right, in the city of Boston you have to be able to have a bond ..in other words good luck

There are ways around that like, benifit and charity...

I would go, but wouldnt help :laugh: I deal with the fucking city board enough could only imagine the headache this would be...

Oh yeah and one more thing, its Boston ;)

Very true,

the point of demf is to showcase detroits talent and influence on the genre.

Detroit does not have much, so they embrace the festival, thats why the city helps pay for it.

The city of boston is just going to view your event as a huge rave on city property and deny it, unless you can come up with some reasoning or excuse as to why they should pay cops OT and shut down traffic, etc, etc.

If you read the first post, you would notice that my original intention was to do it for charity. That's the only way. At least for the first few years. And it's not a rave, it's a "celebration of electronic music". This can be done but like I said before, it's gonna be a lot of work. Also, the DEMF/Movement is mostly paid for by private businesses.

Everyone down to do the work with me please send me private messages with emails so I can arrange a dinner/meeting and figure out a plan of attack.

Dude, you people rock. I had this idea in late april but so far I don't know too many peeps in Boston yet. Anyone who has planned and executed a large party before knows it's too big a task for one person.

Groove, when you said we are down did you mean all three of you in groovefire or did you mean you and your girl? At any rate send me name/email info for everyone you are talking about.