Clubplanet Nightlife Community

3 series restyle revealed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that they're putting I-Drive into the 3-series considering all the criticism it's been getting. It really isn't as complicated as people claim it is. I actually like it because it gives the interior a clean look. To each his own I suppose. Judging from that brochure, it looks like there will also be a non-I-Drive version of the 3.

The design is nice, the back might take some getting used to... it looks "off" or out of sync with the rest of the design. I don't really like the fact that it looks almost too similar to the 5'er, just smaller. You can still tell it's a 3'er though. Criticisms aside you still have to wonder what the M version will look like. If the new M5 is any indication it should be something special.

Oh and is BMW still going to bring out the 4-series as had been rumored a while ago? I saw a spy-shot of the 4 in Car and Driver but I don't know how reliable it is (I'd seen that exact shot a long time ago on the net). I've heard conflicting reports that BMW nixed their plans to make their coupes only available in even numbered model numbers (2?, 4, and 6 series) and sedans as odd numbered model numbers (1, 3, 5 and 7 series). Can anyone clear up the confusion?

• 2 months later...