Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best cheap hotel in NYC?

petp

hudson hotel offers some of its rooms fr $95/night. wayyy cool place.

also time hotel has some rooms for like 120.

of course both the rooms are the size of a shoebox, but u cant expect much for those prices in manhattan.

why look in Manhattan???...look in Astoria Queens...it will be cheaper and soooooooooo much better smile.gif ...........and its only 15 min away from the Midtown Tunnel and 59 St Bridge smile.gif ........trust me... wink.gif

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by petp:

definitely try out the hudson. ian schager and philippe starck's new project. it's suppose to be suessical and and alice-in-wonderlandrous. schager himself even described it as an english grandmother on acid. LOL

anyways, i'm going to check it out this weekend. not stay there, but take a walk through and explore.

Originally posted by translucent:

Ok, where's the best place to stay that's both cheap and good (I know it's a paradox)?

oh and the whole project was done based on this paradoxical concept. it's suppose to be young, cheap and fun while maintaining aesthetic integrity. they even have clemente's works there. i love clemente. smile.gif

Forget your apriori against communal bathrooms and go to the YMCA, then you'll be able to sing the Village People's song. Do not go to the one in Chelsea, it's a real crack house.

I think the Gershwin has some good cheap private rooms.

Plur,

-Joël S.

Originally posted by petp:

also time hotel has some rooms for like 120.

of course both the rooms are the size of a shoebox, but u cant expect much for those prices in manhattan.

The Hudson is definitely cool...but, where did you see the $95 rate? I went to their site ( http://www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_60802.html#top ) and the lowest rate I found was over $200.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif

both times I've done priceline I've got really decent places - for $90 a room - last one was at the Loews on Lexington - the foyer was being re-done but the room was great - 2 queen beds, big room, big bathroom etc. $45 each was pretty damn good. another place was just off Wall Street - the Club Quarters - smart but functional and rooms pretty small.

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

try priceline. usually works for me.

The problem with Priceline is that they don't offer accurate ratings on the hotels that they list. There are plenty of occasions when they would list a place as a "three star" hotel, when in fact, it would turn out to be a crack den.

------------------

translucent_binary.gif