Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Happened to the REAL House Heads

what is a "True house head"

You guys are making no sense at all., the scene is the same as it awlays was. People go out to party where the crowd is. I dont know anyone that ever went out in all my life JUST for the music. Good music isent enough to support a party. Im sure deko and studio 4 this year will prove the scene is more alive then ever and people are waiting acutally waiting for the summer to be over to really go nuts. Saying "They grew up" is prob the DUMBEST thing i ever heard. Dance music has been around for 40 years and changes a little but never has been replaced. THere will always be another generation that likes dance music. Yes we may be growing up., But theres another generation right behind us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Music is the answer! If you don't get it into the peoples heads they will never come around, like in the other countires. Like what was said before, if all you feed people is bullshit hip-hop and commercial house, that is all they know. They will never be exposed to real music and won't come out to hear it when it is played. To throw a good house DJ in a small room or back room in order to give the main room to a hip-hop, commercial DJ makes the struggle even more difficult. Prime example is this, one of my best friends and long time house DJ and producer, Todd G. (Has done work for Subliminal and other labels, with such tracks as "The Only One" on Sondos. You have all heard it.) can't get people to come hear him play in the states, but DJ's to Thousands on a regular overseas. Another example is just what happened last week at Deko, they stuck "Who Da Funk" downstairs and had a hip hop and commercial style DJ in the main room. How can you reach the people if you blind them as soon as they walk through the door. I am not critisizing the clubs but I think that in order for the Jersey sceen to get on track, we need to have more real house parties with real music being played, no matter what style of underground house is played, "underground" being the Key word in that sentence. It is the only way to do it, just blind them with good music when they hit the door. It can be done, I have sceen it happen.

Just my thoughts.

Madness

I MET TODD AND THE GUY FROM "WHO DA FUNK" @ DEKO ON THURSDAY.....

BOTH OF THOSE CATS WERE MAD COOL ITS A SHAME THEY CANT BE APPRECATED IN THERE OWN STATE.........BUT WE KNOW WHAT WE HAVE TO DO TO CHANGE THIS...........AND IT WILL BE DONE :dj::party:

I agree a thousand percent!! Every sat we have Steve Roussos in the main room playing unreal house tracks. And hip hop in the Blue Room

and it drives me crazy to see people walk thru the main room to go listen to Usher or some other bullsh-t. as long as the radio caters to this nonesense all house heads are in trouble. Thats why all our huge city clubs are pretty much gone and it sux!! :bigfinge:

The Music is the answer! If you don't get it into the peoples heads they will never come around, like in the other countires. Like what was said before, if all you feed people is bullshit hip-hop and commercial house, that is all they know. They will never be exposed to real music and won't come out to hear it when it is played. To throw a good house DJ in a small room or back room in order to give the main room to a hip-hop, commercial DJ makes the struggle even more difficult. Prime example is this, one of my best friends and long time house DJ and producer, Todd G. (Has done work for Subliminal and other labels, with such tracks as "The Only One" on Sondos. You have all heard it.) can't get people to come hear him play in the states, but DJ's to Thousands on a regular overseas. Another example is just what happened last week at Deko, they stuck "Who Da Funk" downstairs and had a hip hop and commercial style DJ in the main room. How can you reach the people if you blind them as soon as they walk through the door. I am not critisizing the clubs but I think that in order for the Jersey sceen to get on track, we need to have more real house parties with real music being played, no matter what style of underground house is played, "underground" being the Key word in that sentence. It is the only way to do it, just blind them with good music when they hit the door. It can be done, I have sceen it happen.

Just my thoughts.

Madness

I do hear what your sayin but we didnt "stick" who da funk downstairs bro, the house on thursday nights is always downstairs. The Sat night party we do is House on main floor all night and hip hop downstairs. On thursday nights the main floor has always been party music from day one. We used to do a few house sets on the main floor but why mix the music when we have another room with great sound to do house in. Dont think of it as the small room or the downstairs...were tryin to make that the house room on thursdays nights, so people come just for that room. Know what im sayin?

If you want to hear Great Solid House On the main floor come to the Grand Re Opening Of Deko Saturday Sessions Sept 18th. Richie Santana is our resident with a once a month HUGE Guest DJ. (Diff guy every month)

I don't want you to take my view the wrong way. I am not saying it like you threw him downstairs like he was a nobody. I am just making the point that even good house DJ's are having to take a back seat to the bullshit. I am in no way critisizing Deko as a club or you as a promoter. I think that Deko is one of the only places in NJ that gets real DJ's. I am just saying that because of the mentality of people in this state you are forced to put people like that in the "Smaller or Back Room" for more commercial top 40 bullshit in the main room. It happens everywhere in this state not just thursday night at Deko. The only thing that makes me feel like there is still some hope is the Subliminal parties that happen on Thursdays during the fall through winter. The main floor is jammed and everybody is enjoying themselves and the music is off the hook. I give props to anybody that can sucessfully throw a real house party in this state. But they are hard to find, you either have great music and no people, or a packed house and bullshit music. Binoys, this is just my overview of the sceen in general, and is not a shot at Deko. I hope you understand that. Also I will be out on Sat. to check it out now that I know about it.

Madness

What Happenrd to the True House Heads in Jersey? Maybe I am just getting old, but there was a time you didn't have to play hip hpo and bullshit in order to get people out to party in this state. I guess those days are over, it seems like every club has to have a " Top 40" night in order to get people out to party. There are a few good Real House parties out there , but not many. It seems that all the decent clubs out there need to play " Top 40 " and Hip Hop to get people to come out. If I am just blind and don't know what I am talking about, direct to the right place.

Come and see for yourself,that's all I have to say.

I don't want you to take my view the wrong way. I am not saying it like you threw him downstairs like he was a nobody. I am just making the point that even good house DJ's are having to take a back seat to the bullshit. I am in no way critisizing Deko as a club or you as a promoter. I think that Deko is one of the only places in NJ that gets real DJ's. I am just saying that because of the mentality of people in this state you are forced to put people like that in the "Smaller or Back Room" for more commercial top 40 bullshit in the main room. It happens everywhere in this state not just thursday night at Deko. The only thing that makes me feel like there is still some hope is the Subliminal parties that happen on Thursdays during the fall through winter. The main floor is jammed and everybody is enjoying themselves and the music is off the hook. I give props to anybody that can sucessfully throw a real house party in this state. But they are hard to find, you either have great music and no people, or a packed house and bullshit music. Binoys, this is just my overview of the sceen in general, and is not a shot at Deko. I hope you understand that. Also I will be out on Sat. to check it out now that I know about it.

Madness

I Absolutely understand what your sayin. Its very frustrating. I am however VERY grateful That we do have our sat nights starting up again and that is main floor House all night. Guest djs once a month that do not usually play in Jersey. Youll be Impressed with the lineup....trust me!

Im sure ill be seeing you out.

yes, you are right..............but isnt the jersey shore crowd the same as the people that go out during the fall, winter and spring IN NJ????????????............BUT JUST IN LESS CLOTHING?????????????????

i know i cant see much when i go out, but i know i see the same damn people i see down the shore that i see ALL YEAR ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will also admit, i am sick of the classic parties also.................

Of course you are so sick of Classics parties because thats ALLLLLLLL everyone listens to even outside of clubs. Nothing worse than getting ready to go out to a classics party and the music playing in the background is CLASSICS MUSIC.. because then later on that night when you are at the classics party and you hear a song you just heard 3 hours before that while you are just out of the shower.... ITS NOT THAT FUCKING CLASSIC.

The fun of a classic party IN MY OPINION is when you hear a song coming on and you think of your best memory to that song.. But if you just heard that song earlier, your 'good' memory will be erased and you'll think SHIT.. I just heard this crap. :splat: