Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the general consensus on Land Rovers?

loxy

What's the general consensus on Land Rovers? How do they compare to other SUV's in their class?

I love the design of the car (looks especially good lowered and dressed up with some nice rims) although I know it's not to everyone's taste. The truth is that I haven't heard all that much about them and the little I have heard has been mixed. Some people say they aren't good cars (quality-wise) while others are fine with them. What's the deal?

it depends on the model.

the current range rover (2003-present) was designed and engineered by BMW. It also uses the V8 from the last generation 540i. Prior models are not as reliable nor as powerful.

the rest of the lineup isnt very reliable, lacks cargo space, and are severely underpowered. The main problem is that the Discovery has not had a major redesign or engine change in 10 years. The engine is a 217hp V8....that is horrendous output for a V8 these days. Until recently, Land Rover did not have the budget capacity to improve quality or update the Discovery. The LR3 should be ok.

The Freelander is expensive considering the size of it. It isnt good off-road either. There are good incentives on them i think though.

That said, the Defender is awesome...except that now they cost more than they did brand new.

• 4 weeks later...

That Chrome Job is tacky. Plain and simple. I really wish all that god awful Miami fly life jigga chrome would just fucking die already.

My call on the Rover:

Get a Range Rover..the generation preivious to this one more specifically, and take it to Roush..

That's the only one I'd drive. Stock, you can forget about it.. The new body style is lame too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What's the general consensus on Land Rovers? How do they compare to other SUV's in their class?

I love the design of the car (looks especially good lowered and dressed up with some nice rims) although I know it's not to everyone's taste. The truth is that I haven't heard all that much about them and the little I have heard has been mixed. Some people say they aren't good cars (quality-wise) while others are fine with them. What's the deal?

british cars are synonomous with british teeth.. they both suck...

it depends on the model.

the current range rover (2003-present) was designed and engineered by BMW. It also uses the V8 from the last generation 540i. Prior models are not as reliable nor as powerful.

the rest of the lineup isnt very reliable, lacks cargo space, and are severely underpowered. The main problem is that the Discovery has not had a major redesign or engine change in 10 years. The engine is a 217hp V8....that is horrendous output for a V8 these days. Until recently, Land Rover did not have the budget capacity to improve quality or update the Discovery. The LR3 should be ok.

The Freelander is expensive considering the size of it. It isnt good off-road either. There are good incentives on them i think though.

That said, the Defender is awesome...except that now they cost more than they did brand new.

BMW is the only reason it is worth a shit.

Lets just say while the brits may be good as some things, engineering automobiles is not one of those things.