Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Setup at Gallery and Boulevard...

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone happens to know what the setup is like at Gallery lounge and Boulevard (Blvd)...like what kind of mixers they have, sound system, etc...i'm spinning at these places for a bit and am a lil nervous (but excited :))...since i haven't played out in nyc clubs too much. any help would be appreciated...thanks!

-denise

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone happens to know what the setup is like at Gallery lounge and Boulevard (Blvd)...like what kind of mixers they have, sound system, etc...i'm spinning at these places for a bit and am a lil nervous (but excited :))...since i haven't played out in nyc clubs too much. any help would be appreciated...thanks!

-denise

have no idea what the setup is like but

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :bounce:

good luck with your gigs!!!

Hey guys,

-denise

no idea....but good luck.....

when's the date....

thanks guys :) i think i'll just bring my own mixer since i'm used to it (i think most clubs have the rane rotary ones...and i'm not that comfortable with them). not sure if that's proper DJ etiquette, but i hope they won't mind. these gigs aren't that huge...just opening up for a few hours earlier in the night (tomorrow and friday are the dates). but it's a start! =)

nice to meet you all...i'm a transplant from the boston board...hehe. recently moved to nyc so still new to the scene here and looking to meet some cool ppl :)

~denise

if memory serves me...Gallerys isnt that great....looks cool as hell form the outside, but isnt the best setup and is small. They do have some cool ass monitors tho

BLVD is really nice if I remember..the main one at least...

the downstairs and lounge areas had temporary setups

i think they have pics on the boulevard website...

hope that kind of helps

i never spun there, just check out the booths real quick once....

thanks guys :) not sure if that's proper DJ etiquette, but i hope they won't mind.

No its not proper etiquette to bring your own mixer to a club if they have there own setup..for one its usually a pain to switch the mixing boards(espec if they have everything wired under the booth). Secondly, if you are the opening DJ you are going to have to let the next DJ use your mixer for the rest of the night b/c you cant go unhooking everything in the middle of the night.

If want to be a serious DJ i suggest you pay your dues and use what they have..You are not always going to have the luxury of bringing your own equipment and part of being a good DJ is being able to adapt and still turn it out under any situation.

With that being said..good luck and have fun! :beer:

thanks for the advice everyone :) i used their equipment (pretty basic stuff), and everything went pretty smoothly...except for the lil booth lights which fell on my records that were playing...twice. lol. i'm a lil scared for tomorrow though...i got the venue wrong and it's actually in the main room at Spirit, not Boulevard. but, it's only an hour of opening music...so not really a big deal...anyways, thank you again for the newbie advice!