Clubplanet Nightlife Community

English,light,tanger, Twisted Vibe Of Music

sonofsam

The house/dance music scene out here is pretty sad on regular weekends aside from a few places. Hip Hop dominates at most clubs. However, if you are coming for Labor Day weekend, there are alot of things to do for good music. The holiday weekends always seem to bring in good talent

Friday - Scooter and Lavelle, Borris @ ICE

Sat - Christopher Lawrence & Donald Glaude @ the Pimp & HO- Orleans arena

Sat - Little Louie Vega @ ICE

Sunday - DJ Dan @ Rain

Sunday - Okenfold @ ICE

These will all be huge parties so I'm sure you have a great time @ any of them - just need to pick out what kind of music (ie house or trance).

I was recently at the Hard Rock for a good night at the recently opened Body English. I had been to it plenty of times when it was known as Baby's. In all my previous visits I had never ever had a hard time getting in, even after getting there when the line was attrociously long. After they renovated and changed the name to Body English things have changed a bit. I was there at 10:00 to get in line before it would be impossible to get in and guess what????? I didn't get in because now they have started a new practice where they tell the people in line that they are letting the people on the guestlist/vips in first. So I'm ok with this but then I noticed that the people working the lines walked the line picking people out to go inside. There was no such thing as a "guestlist" after the first half hour or so. If you're on the guestlist you're supposed to be there at a certain time so you're guaranteed entry. If you're a VIP then it doesn't matter but a damn guestlist???? Not only was it unfair for those tourists that came to Vegas to have a good time and NEVER GOT IN but it left a lasting sour impression on a loyal local(s) that frequented that same club quite often.

I doubt I will EVER go back to that place. I would much rather spend my money on a club that won't turn it's customers away because they want to be selective on who they want in.