Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dance Music Hall of Fame Question

Hey from the Miami board. Just wondering if any of you NYers have heard of this event. It is coming up pretty soon. Below is the press release that I received:

-------------

1st Annual Dance Music

Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Monday, September 20th, 2004

7pm-11pm (doors open at 6:30pm)

Join us September 20th, 2004 at Spirit NYC for the 1st Annual Dance Music Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

We will be celebrating the inductions of Barry White, The Bee Gees, Donna Summer, Giorgio Moroder & Pete Bellotte, Tom Moulton, Larry Levan, David Mancuso, Tee Scott and 5 of the Biggest Records of All-Time to the Dance Music Hall of Fame.

Special performances by Thelma Houston, Evelyn "Champagne" King and special guests plus 6 of the top DJs of the '70s playing the best music of that era.

For tickets, click here or call 1-866-WANTIXX.

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

------------------

If it is actually happening, that would be really cool. Thanks for any info!

im trying my best to work some connections to be here for sure. Just to let you know most of the people on this board dont respect and or care for history and the roots of thier music they listen to now. All the know is BOOM BOOM BOOM loud pots and pans.

stop with the assumptions...geez! :blank:

im trying my best to work some connections to be here for sure. Just to let you know most of the people on this board dont respect and or care for history and the roots of thier music they listen to now. All the know is BOOM BOOM BOOM loud pots and pans.

you are 100000% correct- bravo

Cool, well let me know if you make it. Hopefully I will be there, as well, and we can say hi. The guy I am working for at the moment, Henry Stone, is being honored, and I am trying to snake myself an invite on his coattails, as it were.