Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Rocky Castro & more @ Space

Bling

Its 7 am and I had orginally thought i would leave after rocky's set. Boy was I wrong...All the djs tonite delievered big time. What an incredible 8 hrs at Space for yours truly.

I arrived around 11 or so and Michael Louis was warming up the lounge area very nicely. All the junkies were in da house. Shannon, Nick, techjunkie, sara, Dan......etc........ The second I walked in the beautiful Red Stripe models handed me those blinking lights and a smirnoff ice..... NICE......

Rocky's set was supposed to start at 11-1 but instead it began at 1140 or so and went till 1. In the lounge i ran into Andrew who was my partner in crime for the evening along with Lulamichka and DJ Onyx(thanks for your promo cd)

Rocky Castro's set.

Those of you who missed it..... SHAME ON YOU. easily my fav rocky set ever.

Funky house with some electro thrown in. simply amazing. You could feel the main room pulsating with energy as the packed house jumped in unision to the incredible funkiness rocky brought the main room. A sound that in my opinion, needs to be heard more in that main room at space. Everyone around me was saying......"DAmn that guy is awesome."

Vocals galore, great tunes.... it was almost patioesque at times.... Awesome stuff. You exceeded my expectations rocky.. Your mixing was excellent and your track selection as always... great.....

The sirens were blaring, Roly was jumping in the booth...... HE was on.........OMFG I DIED!!!!

Thanks to Michelle for helping id tracks and being my dancing buddy for the nite :) .....

In the main room I bumped into a a few junkies including...... Zero, Diego, and Diaga. Also there was David Orth filming for No Cover.

Cedric Gervais' set.

I was goin to leave after rocky's set as I was exhausted from the previous nite but right from the first track Cedric Gervais dropped some sick stuff. It was so unlike his tag team set with Oscar a few weeks back which got monotnonus after a while. He had great track selection with lots of vocals. He rocked that main room. I will give the man my dues. He held that main room with an Iron grip tonite...... He had so many great tracks its impossible to name em all.

Got to go in the booth for a bit and see Cedric in action. In the booth bumped into Eddy Guerra, Biz and some really hot women... I am guessing the Gervaittes (sp?) Also bumped into Saleen outside the booth hanging with Pod.

Around 4 am i got a text message and was shocked to see it read "I AM AT SPACE" (SENDER-ARTUROB) OMFG I DIED!!!!! he came with Edgar after his gig at Moscow along with Sami and others.

Around this time I was getting really tired but I said to myself:"Just one more hour and i can hear a roly patio set"

Roland's Patio Set

Vintage Roland..... Latin tracks.... lots of vocals.... just delicious stuff.

In the patio Bumped into Cosminigon who had just arrived. Sorry roly for only staying for an hr of your set. I def have to come for afterhours only one of these weeks. Thanks for letting me chill with u in the booth on the patio :)

I had an absoloute blast tonite. All the djs were rockin it hard.. Great hanging with everyone tonite, you all made my nite that much better.