Clubplanet Nightlife Community

In Search of a New Resident DJ

djlilmike77

On Sept. 24, 2004 there will be a DJ competition held on the bottom floor of Trust. Trust is located on 421 W. 13th, btw 9th Ave. and Washington St. The purpose of the DJ competition is to determine who will be the new resident DJ of the bottom floor. The new resident DJ will be DJing there every other week and will be compensated very well.

The dj competition is searching for a DJ that can spin the best in hip-hop, reggae, r+b, and classics. Not only will you be evaluated based on your talent but as well as your ability to bring people to the club. We are not expecting you to bring 50 guests on a regular basis but the ability to attract a steady clientele would be appreciated and encouraged. While this competition is open to all, we prefer a DJ with not just a following but with a decent amount of experience at DJing at clubs in NYC.

In order to be eligible, you must supply me with a demo beforehand so I can evaluate your ability before the night. There are only 5 timeslots available for that night, so the earlier your CD gets to me, the better your chances are. Demo CDs should be in my hands no later than Sept. 20. The selected DJs will be contacted by Sept. 21 and they will be informed of their timeslots. This should also give selected DJs enough time to tell their friends and associates to show up and represent for them. The more people you bring, the better your chances. It would be preferred that all selected DJs arrive before doors open so they can get familiar with the sound system.

If you are interested in the competition, please feel free to PM me so that you can tell me about yourself and your dj background/experience and I can give you my mailing address.