Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where is the Trance Sat night?

mmikeb32

Where should we go for some good trance Sat night? It is so disappointing to go out for some dancing and have some boring ass dj spinning. Where is some good trance? How is Derrick Carter? We went and saw Digweed in SF a couple of weeks ago................man, what a BORING SET!!!!

Where should we go for some good trance Sat night? It is so disappointing to go out for some dancing and have some boring ass dj spinning. Where is some good trance? How is Derrick Carter? We went and saw Digweed in SF a couple of weeks ago................man, what a BORING SET!!!!

We need PVD again or AVB or Ferry.

Victor Soto

derick carter and digweed dont spin trance. its pretty hilarious that ur expecting to hear trance music from djs that dont spin trance, dont u think?

victor dinaire spins trance?

very much so!

it's too bad you won't have a chance to first tune into his Resident Nation show on Music Choice (if you have Direct TV or Digital cable, or if you're not out on Friday nights, you can hear the audio simulcast on www.ets-global.org )

If you have XM Radio, you can tune in to his Future Progression show, 6-10 pm EST (right before going to the club - how convenient! :) )

Here's where you can find info about his shows, with playlists, and an mp3 of a past show: http://www.futureprogression.com

I have yet to hear of a place that plays trance, if any, on Friday OR Saturday nite. Unless, there's a European trance act or (ie. DuMonde, AVB, Ferry, Tiesto, or any US-based trance DJs) most, let's say all, clubs do not cater to it. Personally, I'd rather have some good pumpin trance to hear at least at one spot during the weekend.

Matter of fact, other than John Vicious, I cant think of one NYC DJ that plays trance in their sets.

how long will he be at ikon for ?

how is that place now a days is not as empty as before does it actually have a vibe now?

For the moment, it was a one-off event, and actually, he's moving out to the west coast in a few weeks.

The size of the crowd fluctuated throughout the night, but there were plenty of fans and diehards there, and the vibe was great.

Pics from last night: http://photobucket.com/albums/v394/partyhopper/Ikon_09182004/?start=all

For those who don't know, he's actually headlined on the main floor at least twice, when the place was Exit

I have yet to hear of a place that plays trance, if any, on Friday OR Saturday nite. Unless, there's a European trance act or (ie. DuMonde, AVB, Ferry, Tiesto, or any US-based trance DJs) most, let's say all, clubs do not cater to it. Personally, I'd rather have some good pumpin trance to hear at least at one spot during the weekend.

There isn't a weekly trance event at a single place, but almost every weekend, there is something going on somewhere. There aren't always big names, but the DJ's are still quite good.

Also, for more info about trance events in particular check out the NY forum at tranceaddict.com

It would be nice if there were something like Glow in DC (www.clubglow.com), or even bi-weekly, like Trance Club Heaven in LA (www.tranceclubheaven.com).

Has anyone been to either and can comment on them?

If I may add a shameless plug, check out the TFST events some time, which my friends put on - monthly at Club Seho, bi-weekly at Fuzion on A (more loungy and proggy, but there's starting to be more trance played there). The resident DJ's are all excellent, most notably DJ Tek, who I think is extremely talented and versatile, and should be playing bigger gigs. http://www.tfst-nyc.com

btw, to mention a few more names, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting right now...

Filo & Peri are from NYC. Too bad they don't play here more often.

They are playing on Wednesday, but at a private event.

Also, Serge Devant, who's often spinning (usually either opening or closing) at Avalon on Fridays and Ikon on Saturdays, did a track with Jan Johnston, which is on one of Armin's labels. He did play plenty of trance at an event at Crobar, where Johnston performed; it would be nice if he did more.

i checked out your tfst site

the mixes are nice especially the one with dj tek at centro fly

you guys should put up a message board there that would be cool

so this party is every weekend?

i d like to come check it out sometime

whats playing upstairs in that club?

TFST events are usually announced on TA.

I sometimes post here, when I don't forget.

Hip-hop/R&B/reggae/some latin is played upstairs