Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Left Will Try to Impeach Bush on Abu Ghraib

obby

September 16, 2004

(...predict what the left will do if Bush wins re-election)

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

I want you to keep an eye on this, folks. I have been warning you. Many people have been asking me, "What's the left going to do when they lose the election?" And I know many of you think, well, they're going to realize they've been screwing up and change their ways and we'll have less partisanship and blah, blah. (Laughing). My friends, that's wishful thinking. Ain't going to happen. They haven't suffered enough yet. Their losses aren't enough to hammer home reality to them yet.

If Bush wins this election, I guarantee you the first thing, substantively, the left will do is try to impeach him, and they'll do so on the basis of what happened at Abu Ghraib. And that's why I want you to keep an eye on this because this story, this is the latest story from the Associated Press: "Suggesting the government was acting as if it had something to hide, a federal judge Wednesday gave Washington one month to release records related to the treatment of prisoners in Iraq. U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein chastised officials for moving at a 'glacial pace' in responding to nearly year-old Freedom of Information Act requests from the American Civil Liberties Union and four other watchdog organizations. 'If the documents are more of an embarrassment than a secret, the public should know of our government's treatment of individuals captured and held abroad,' Hellerstein wrote. 'We are a nation that strives to value the dignity of all humanity.'

"The groups brought a lawsuit in June, saying they wanted to expose the treatment of detainees. Hellerstein said though the government had raised 'important issues' of national security as a reason for the delays, 'merely raising national security concerns cannot justify unlimited delay.' Megan L. Gaffney, a spokeswoman for federal prosecutors in New York, declined to comment. Jameel Jaffer, an ACLU lawyer, was heartened by the action."

Just keep a sharp eye on this, folks, because this is where they're going to go if they lose the election. You think they're just gonna sit back and say, "Okay, well, Bush is a lame duck. Let's go ahead and try to stall him as much as they can until we get Hillary elected." Ain't gonna happen. There is not widespread hatred for George Bush among the American people. There is among the power base of the American left today and they will do whatever they can to get this guy thrown out of office.

END TRANSCRIPT

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/091604/content/cutting_edge.guest.html

lets put the whole thing in perspective.

We are better then them, we should not compare ourselves to terrorists to make what we do seem better. Also 8000 people have been released from the prison, so there is a good chance that the shit they did was to innocent people. That makes it ok, as long as we are one little step above the terrorists we can justify what we did to some innocent people. Wake up it was bad, and there is nothing you can say to justify it. I can tell you right now if an occupying force shoved a broomhandle up my ass, I would probably not feel to good about them. I also probably wouldn't feel to good sitting down either.

anyway how could the president be impeached, the whole governmenty is run by the republicans. I might be wrong but doesn't congress have to vote for that?

anyway how could the president be impeached, the whole governmenty is run by the republicans. I might be wrong but doesn't congress have to vote for that?

we have a winner!

this is what i dont understand about the criticisms about Kerry's proposals: "They will cost too much" or "they will destory the economy"

Most of Kerry's major initiatives will not pass Congress, except his corporate tax and broadband proposals.

Republicans tried to impeach Clinton, for lying about getting head in the oval office. Abu Ghraib tends to be a bit for serious, but I’m sure Bush would :spin: his way right out of it. :D

Abu Ghraib abuse was embarrassing for our country. drop the hammer make sure those responsible get punished and move on. Easier said then done. :)

Serious question. How is Pres. Bush responsible for the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib? I'm not being sarcastic. I've heard people say that "blame goes up the chain of command". But I don't know any details.

Because everything is Bush's fault.

LOL

if it can be proven that Bush authorized the use of torture under any circumstances, it's an impeachable offense. that be being said, this would be almost impossible to prove; unless there where written or oral documentation to support it.

under what law?

under what law?
there is a statue in the US federal penal code, which particularly addresses acts of torture committed outside the US. it can be applied to public officials directly or indirectly involved in torture. if you want the particular stature I'm sure I can find it