Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pomodoro...

dgmodel

thanks, that recipe sounds awesome~! im going to try it out this weekend...

let me ask you, if and when you make meatballs do you do them 100% all beef, or do you add veal or pork or etc~!? i always made them with just all meat, but now im experimenting a lil trying new things... looking for suggestions, i heard some good ideas from ppl on here in the paste, just wanted to see what your thoughts were on it...

i've been really into turkey meatballs lately....lean turkey meat, 2 eggwhites, some bread crumbs, chopped onion, a little garlic and oregano....yummmm

i've been really into turkey meatballs lately....lean turkey meat, 2 eggwhites, some bread crumbs, chopped onion, a little garlic and oregano....yummmm

i dont dig on turkey burgers, or turkey balls, or turkey bacon... just ol' fashion thanksgiving T... the kind that makes you sleepy and hungry 20 minutes later...

Quesadillas

10 oz. goat cheese or queso blanco

6 oz. of a good jack cheese (regular or spicy)

1/4 lb. cooked chorizo (can also use bbq chicken or marinated tofu)

1 1/2 cups caramelized yellow onions

2 poblano chiles that have been previously baked/roasted (seeded and chopped) *can also use re-hydrated guajillo or ancho chile*

1 to 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped (or flat leaf parsley if don't like cilantro)

2 tsp. lime juice

24 fresh flour tortillas or a package of pre-made (12 will do if you want them thicker)

some lard or shortening

In a bowl combine cheese, chorizo, onions, chile, cilantro and lime juice.

lay half the tortillas out on the cabinet and scoop enough of the mix to fill the middle, but not go out to the side of the tortilla or too high. place a second tortilla on top and then fry in a pan with shortening until crispy.

serve with some kind of salsa; mango or roasted corn salsa's are an awesome combo with these quesadilla's, even guacamole is okay. oh and beer. :)

two really good fruit dessert recipes...

Blackberries w/ dumplings

Fill a large pot half full with blackberries. add 1 cup of fresh orange juice and 1 to 2 cups sugar depending on tartness level of the berries. stir, then let the mix sit for about an hour or so until there is a considerable amount of juice in the pot.

Place the pan on medium/high heat until it boils. keep stirring to dissolve sugar and prevent berries from sticking.

Dumplings

1 cup flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. baking powder (not soda)

1 tbsp. sugar

1 large egg

1/4 cup o' milk

2 tbsp. melted butter

add dry to wet. stir until just blended. scoop mixture up with a regular spoon and drop into boiling fruit & liquid. do it in a pattern, so the dumpling's don't touch or they will stick together. keep in mind they will also expand.

don't stir after adding dumplings. reduce the heat to med - med/lo and put top on pot. let cook for about 10-15 min. or until the dumplings are cooked. the dumpling's should be soft yet firm and the sauce should be thick when they are cooked. serve as is or with cool whip, ice cream etc.

note: make the dumpling dough while waiting for the berries to boil. use wooden utensils and nothing white, cause the berries will stain.

Banana pudding

1 bunch of ripe banana's

2 boxes 'nilla wafers

1 large bowl o' custard

1 container cool whip

stirred custard

3 beaten eggs

2 cups milk

1/4 cup sugar

dash salt

teaspoon vanilla

Add all of the ingredients (except vanilla) into a saucepan. stir over medium/low heat until thick and coats the back of a spoon. pour into a bowl and stir in vanilla.

line the bottom of a large baking pan with neat rows of 'nilla wafers, slice bananas lengthwise and place on top of the rows of wafers, then add a layer of custard. continue this pattern until the pan is full. i usually try to end with the wafers.

take the remaining custard (1/2 to 1 cup) and mix in an equal amount of cool whip. spread that mix on top and serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold. can also skip the cool whip and add meringue to the top, bake in the oven until meringue is cooked and serve. both ways are equally good. :)